« PreviousContinue »
IN THE PRICE OF TEA.
BARBER & COMPANY
Are now enabled to offer to the Public
A Good, Pure, Pungent
Superseding everything hitherto offered at the Price.
2 lbs. SENT FREE PER PARCELS POST for 3s. 10d.; 4 lbs. for 6s. 9d.; 6 lbs. for 9s. 8d.; and to lbs. for 14s. 10d., to any post town in the United Kingdom and Channel Islands.
Unequalled at the Price.
Fine Pure CEYLON TEA, 28. per lb. 21⁄2 lb. (sample) free by post for 5s. 6d. No Charge for Carriage of Parcels above 10 lbs.
LUXURY NO LONGER UNKNOWN.
BARBER & COMPANY'S FRENCH See that you have
TENPENCE PER POUND.
USED IN PARIS, in its highest perfection. This is the choicest and most carefully selected Coffee, asted on the French Principle," and mixed with the 3t Bruges Chicory.
Sample (in tins) for 25. 4d., 5 lbs. for 5s. 6d., and 8 ibs. for 8s. 10d., free per Parcels Post.
Cheques to be crossed "London and Westminster Bank." Ostal Orders from 1s. 6d. to 10s. 6d. may now be had for One Penny from all Post Offices.
BARBER & COMPANY,
Regent Circus, W.
oets. To face cover 2.]
102, Westbourne Grove, W. 42, Great Titchfield Street, W King's Cross, N. MANCHESTER, BRISTOL,
Cassell & Company's Magazines.
NEW VOLUMES JUST COMMENCED.
The Quiver. FOR SUNDAY and GENERAL
READING. New and Enlarged Series. Monthly, 6d. "Is widely known as one of the very best of magazines."-Record.
Cassell's Family Magazine.
"The stories are good, the pictures clever, and the contents unusually attractive."-The Times.
The Woman's World. Edited by
OSCAR WILDE. Illustrated. Monthly, IS.
"Is now regarded as at the head of its class."—The Queen.
“Little Folks" Magazine. Enlarged. Monthly, 6d.
"At the head of English illustrated magazines for children is LITTLE FOLKS."-The Queen.
The Magazine of Art. Monthly, Is.
"The exquisite beauty of the engravings and the excellence of the letterpress should carry it into every home where Art is appreciated." -Standard.
Cassell's Saturday Journal.
Illustrated. Weekly, id. Monthly, 6d.
"Is the best and cheapest pennyworth of popular literature ever produced."―The Times.
CASSELL & COMPANY, Limited, London; and all Booksellers. English Poets. To face half-title.]
IN WEEKLY VOLUMES, price 3d.; or in Cloth, бd.
Edited by HENRY MORLEY, LL.D.
Third Year's Volumes.
105. Anecdotes of Samuel Johnson, LLD.
107. Lives of Solon, Publicola, &c.
109. Seven Discourses on Art
110. A History of the Early Part of the
111. The Diary of Samuel Pepys (Oct., 1667,
114. Much Ado about Nothing
115 & 116. Sketches of Persia. 2 vols.
128. King Henry IV. (Part 1)
129. Lives of Pyrrhus, Camillus, &c.
130. Essays and Tales..
131. Lives of Addison, Savage, and Swift
133. Essays and Tales..
135. The Existence of God..
136. The Merry Wives of Windsor
138. Lives of Dion, Brutus, Artaxerxes, &c.
117. The Shepherds' Calendar
118. The Black Death, and The Dancing Mania J. F. C. HECKER.
120. The Diary of Samuel Pepys (March to
124. Richard II. ..
126. The Diary of Samuel Pepys (Nov. 1668, to end).
HESTHER LYNCH PIOZZI.
Essays on Mankind, &c.
145. Essays on Burns and Scott
146. Lives of Nicias, Crassus, Aratus, &c...
CHARLES JAMES FOX.
DON MANOEL GONZALES.
148. Romeo and Juliet
LADY DUFF GORDON,
150. The Amber Witch
151. Lives of Romulus, Cimon, Lucullus, &c.
155. Lives of Numa, Sertorius, and Eumenes PLUTARCH.
157. The Battle of Life
158. Memorable Thoughts of Socrates
159. Lives of the Poets (Prior, Congreve, &c.)
The next Volume will be
*For List of the First and Second Years' Volumes of CASSELL'S