« PreviousContinue »
PART B. ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONS OF SUPPLY ACTIV
COMPOSITION OF THE SUPPLY
1. The Marine Corps supply system em-
2. A Marine Corps depot of supplies is a major logistical establishment of the Marine Corps. Marine Corps depots of supplies are under the military command of the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Unless otherwise specifically directed such command is exercised through the Quartermaster General of the Marine Corps. Management and technical control of the Marine Corps depots of supplies is exercised by the Quartermaster General of the Marine Corps. Coordination control relationships between a depot of supplies and the naval district commandant shall be as prescribed by Department of the Navy Directives. A depot of supplies may function as an area supply center for any or all classifications of material, an area repair center for any or all classifications of material, a manufacturing facility, or any combination of the above functions.
4. A Marine Corps forwardi intermediate logistical facility tablished for processing the fo ment of supplies to overseas cors a facility may have a secondary for storage and issue of selected plies and equipment. Forwardin under the military command of dant of the Marine Corps. Unle specifically directed such comm cised through the Quartermaste the Marine Corps. Management control of Marine Corps forware exercised by the Quartermaster C Marine Corps. Coordination cont ships between a forwarding depot district commandant shall be as pa the Department of the Navy direc
5. A Marine Corps base depot mediate logistical support facility nated geographical location, as app carry out the logistical mission o establishment in support of specif ing forces of the Marine Corps. W sary and as directed by the Comma Marine Corps, base depots may be and established within the supply sy Marine Corps. Such base depots, wh zed, are under the military comm Commandant of the Marine Corps the management and technical con Quartermaster General of the Mar Unless otherwise specifically direc tary command will be exercised by mander of the area or force of whicl pot is a part.
6. A Marine Corps field depot is a bile and sub-area logistical support will provide logistical support for operating forces, including units in a tation status. When necessary and as by the Commandant of the Marine Co depots may be organized and establis in the supply system of the Marine Co field depots are under the military cor the Commandant of the Marine Cc under the management and technical the Quartermaster General of the Corps. Unless otherwise specificall ted, military command will be exercis commander of the area or force of wh depot is a part. 50052 MARINE CORPS CLOTHING
PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLV 1. This depot operates facilities fort curement, manufacture, storage and bution of such items of clothing and equ as are assigned to that activity.
2. The Marine Corps Clothing Depot, delphia, will:
3. A Marine Corps supply depot is a logistical facility of the Marine Corps which is normally a part of a larger Marine Corps establishment. Marine Corps supply depots are under the military command and coordination control of the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Unless otherwise specifically directed, such command and coordination control is exercised through the commander of the post or station of which the supply depot is a part. Management and technical control of Marine Corps supply depots is exercised by the Quartermaster General of the Magine Corps. Supply depots provide specified types of logis tical support for designated Marine Corps activities,