« PreviousContinue »
regarded as automatically creating conditions of field work which justify the use of passenger vehicles between domiciles and places of employment.
portation does not provide a route within reasonable walking distance of the training center.
g. Transporting prospective recruits from a central location within a city, or from a detached unit, to the home training center for physical examination and enlistment.
b. Transporting of city official, civic leaders and representatives of the press, radio and television in connection with cere. monies in which members of the InspectorInstructor Staff and/or Marine Corps Reserve Unit are officially participating.
58060 MOTOR POOLS
1. Wherever deemed practicable commanding officers will pool motor transportation administratively and physically in a central. ized motor pool to secure maximum efficient operation and economical use. Allocation of motor transportation will be made from pools to lower units to meet transportation requirements in excess of the capacity of their organic transportation for movement of troops and supplies. Vehicles dispatched from pools will be suited for the mission for which dispatched.
58061 HIRING OF VEHICLES
1. No vehicles will be hired without prior approval of the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Request for approval for the hire of vehicles, will show the necessity, the number by designation, cost per day by designation, and total cost for the estimated time required. For shipments via commercial van, see Chapter 53.
58062 DAILY DISPATCHING RECORD OF
c. The Secretary of the Navy is authorized, under the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 415d, to provide transportation for personnel attached to or employed by the Department, to and from their places of employment, in the absence of adequate private or other facilities. Pursuant to Section 4 of the Act, the Chief and the Deputy Chief of the Bureau of Yards and Docks, have been designated to make the determination prerequisite to the establishment of such transportation facilities. Applications for authorization for such transportation will be submitted to the Commandant of the Marine Corps (Code CSE) with all pertinent information.
58059 SPECIAL USES
1. Motor vehicles, when available without detriment to other official business may be used by special direction of the commanding officer for the following purposes:
a. Authorized athletics.
b. Transporting personnel, including entertainers and party guests, and supplies and equipment in connection with authorized recreational, and morale-building activities.
c. Conveying children at posts, stations and installations to and from schools not conveniently accessible by public transportation.
d. Transportation of personnel and supplies necessary to the operation of field or mobile exchanges when authorized by the commanding officers, and when no other form of transportation is available.
e. Marine Corps vehicles may be used for the shipment of all or part of the authorized weight allowance of household effects, between duty stations, of Marine Corps personnel provided that such personnel have received permanent change of station orders and provided further that the commanding officer determines that the use of Marine Corps vehicles for such purpose is in the best interests of the Government and the owner of the effects. The weight of such equipment will be charged against the authorized weight allowance of the individual concerned in the same manner as that which would apply had the shipment moved via commercial van or truck.
VEHICLES 1. The dispatching of motor vehicles from motor pools shall be recorded on Form NAVMC 10031-SD, Daily Dispatching Record of Vehicles, by the motor pool dispatcher. This record shall be maintained in a three post loose leaf binder, for 14-1/4 inch by 20motor pool shall examine the record daily to ascertain that the vehicles are being used for the purpose intended and after the examination, his signature shall be affixed on
line following the last entry for the
f. Transporting personnel of the Marine Corps Reserve, enroute to and from drill, between the training center and a designated point in the city in cases where public trans
2. The information obtained from the Daily Dispatching Record of Vehicles will provide motor vehicle activities within the command commanding officers with a summary of and may be used in determining vehicle
58063 RATES TO BE CHARGED FOR USE
as set forth in Volume 3, Chapter 5, of the Navy Comptroller Manual.
2. Methods of computing charges and effecting collections of such charges for the use of Marine Corps vehicles as children's school busses will be promulgated periodically by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (Code CSK).
provide a distance of the most
OF GOVERNMENT VEHICLES
prospects on withis ac the home te amination 2012
1. A charge will be made for Marine Corps motor vehicles authorized for use in the execution of business for Marine Corps Exchanges, commissary stores and for transportation provided for recreational and morale building activities. Charges will be made
of city officia atives of
onnecti ers of the arine Corsican pating
cticable iss or trance ally is a
a.COM se. AlRE