« PreviousContinue »
UNITED STATES CODE
CONTAINING THE GENERAL AND PERMANENT LAWS
ON JANUARY 6, 1959
Prepared and published under authority of Title 1, U. S. Code, Section 202 (c)
by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives
For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office
Washington 25, D.C. - Price $5.75
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
UNDER WHOSE DIRECTION THIS
COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
EMANUEL CELLER, New York, Chairman FRANCIS E. WALTER, Pennsylvania
KENNETH B. KEATING, New York THOMAS J. LANE, Massachusetts
WILLIAM M. MCCULLOCH, Ohio MICHAEL A. FEIGHAN, Ohio
PATRICK J. HILLINGS, California FRANK CHELF, Kentucky
WILLIAM E. MILLER, New York EDWIN E. WILLIS, Louisiana
DEAN P. TAYLOR, New York PETER W. RODINO, JR., New Jersey USHER L. BURDICK, North Dakota E. L. FORRESTER, Georgia
JOHN M. ROBSION, JR., Kentucky BYRON G. ROGERS, Colorado
DEWITT S. HYDE, Maryland HAROLD D. DONOHUE, Massachusetts RICHARD H. POFF, Virginia JACK B. BROOKS, Texas
WILLIAM C. CRAMER, Florida WILLIAM M. TUCK, Virginia
ARCH A. MOORE, JR., West Virginia ROBERT T. ASHMORE, South Carolina F. JAY NIMTZ, Indiana JOHN DOWDY, Texas
H. ALLEN SMITH, California LESTER HOLTZMAN, New York
ALBERT W. CRETELLA, Connecticut JOSEPH M. MONTOYA, New Mexico BASIL L. WHITENER, North Carolina ROLAND V. LIBONATI, Illinois
Bess E. DICK, Staff Director
SUBCOMMITTEE No. 3, REVISION OF THE LAWS
EDWIN E. WILLIS, Louisiana, Chairman JACK B. BROOKS, Texas
DEAN P. TAYLOR, New York WILLIAM M. TUCK, Virginia
ARCH A. MOORE, JR., West Virginia ROLAND V. LIBONATI, Illinois
CHARLES J. ZINN
CYRIL F. BRICKFIELD
TITLES OF UNITED STATES CODE
* 1. General Provisions.
2. The Congress. * 3. The President. * 4. Flag and Seal, Seat of Government, and the
States. 5. Executive Departments and Government Offi
cers and Employees. * 6. Official and Penal Bonds.
8. Aliens and Nationality. * 9. Arbitration. * 10. Armed Forces. , 11. Bankruptcy.
12. Ba.lks and Banking. * 13. Census. * 14. Coast Guard. 15. Commerce and Trade. 16. Conservation. *17. Copyrights. *18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure. 19. Customs Duties. 20. Education. 21. Food and Drugs. 22. Foreign Relations and Intercourse. *23. Highways. 24. Hospitals, Asylums, and Cemeteries. 25. Indians.
26. Internal Revenue Code. 27. Intoxicating Liquors. * 28. Judiciary and Judicial Procedure. 29. Labor. 30. Mineral Lands and Mining. 31. Money and Finance. * 32. National Guard.
33. Navigation and Navigable Waters. †34. [Navy.] *35. Patents. 36. Patriotic Societies and Observances. 37. Pay and Allowances (Army, Navy, Air Force,
Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Coast and Geo
detic Survey and Public Health Service). * 38. Veterans' Benefits. 39. The Postal Service. 40. Public Buildings, Property, and Works. 41. Public Contracts. 42. The Public Health and Welfare. 43. Public Lands. 44. Public Printing and Documents. 45. Railroads. 46. Shipping. 47. Telegraphs, Telephones, and Radiotelegraphs. 48. Territories and Insular Possessions. 49. Transportation. 50. War and National Defense; and Appendix.
*This title has been enacted into law. † This title has been eliminated by the enactment of Title 10 into law.