« PreviousContinue »
'UNITED STATES CODE
CONTAINING THE GENERAL AND PERMANENT LAWS
ON JANUARY 3, 1965
Prepared and published under authority of Title 1, U. S. Code, Section 202 (c)
by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives
For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office
Washington, D.C., 20402 - Price $7.00
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
UNDER WHOSE DIRECTION THIS
COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
EMANUEL CELLER, New York, Chairman MICHAEL A. FEIGHAN, Ohio
WILLIAM M. MCCULLOCH, Ohio FRANK CHELF, Kentucky
WILLIAM E. MILLER, New York EDWIN E. WILLIS, Louisiana
RICHARD H. POFF, Virginia PETER W. RODINO, JR., New Jersey WILLIAM C. CRAMER, Florida E. L. FORRESTER, Georgia
ARCH A. MOORE, JR., West Virginia BYRON G. ROGERS, Colorado
GEORGE MEADER, Michigan HAROLD D. DONOHUE, Massachusetts JOHN V. LINDSAY, New York JACK B. BROOKS, Texas
WILLIAM T. CAHILL, New Jersey WILLIAM M. TUCK, Virginia
GARNER E. SHRIVER, Kansas ROBERT T. ASHMORE, South Carolina CLARK MACGREGOR, Minnesota JOHN DOWDY, Texas
CHARLES MCC. MATHIAS, JR., Maryland BASIL L. WHITENER, North Carolina JAMES E. BROMWELL, Iowa ROLAND V. LIBONATI, Illinois
CARLETON J. KING, New York HERMAN TOLL, Pennsylvania
PATRICK MINOR MARTIN, California ROBERT W. KASTENMEIER, Wisconsin JACOB H. GILBERT, New York JAMES C. CORMAN, California WILLIAM L. ST. ONGE, Connecticut GEORGE F. SENNER, JR., Arizona DON EDWARDS, California
BESS E. DICK, Staf Director
SUBCOMMITTEE No. 3
EDWIN E. WILLIS, Louisiana, Chairman WILLIAM M. TUCK, Virginia
JOHN V. LINDSAY, New York ROLAND V. LIBONATI, Illinois
WILLIAM T. CAHILL, New Jersey HERMAN TOLL, Pennsylvania
CHARLES MCC. MATHIAS, JR., Maryland ROBERT W. KASTENMEIER, Wisconsin PATRICK MINOR MARTIN, California WILLIAM L. ST. ONGE, Connecticut
CHARLES J. ZINN, Law Revision Counsel
• 1. General Provisions.
2. The Congress. • 3. The President. 4. Flag and Seal, Seat of Government, and the
5. Executive Departments and Government Off
cers and Employees.
26. Internal Revenue Code.
27. Intoxicating Liquors. *28. Judiciary and Judicial Procedure. 29. Labor. 30. Mineral Lands and Mining. 31. Money and Finance. *32. National Guard.
33. Navigation and Navigable Waters. †34. (Navy.) *35. Patents.
36. Patriotic Societies and Observances. *37. Pay and Allowances of the Uniformed Services. * 38. Veterans' Benefits. *39. The Postal Service.
40. Public Buildings, Property, and Works. 41. Public Contracts.
• 6. Official and Penal Bonds.
7. Agriculture. 8. Aliens and Nationality. * 9. Arbitration. *10. Armed Forces. 11. Bankruptcy. 12. Banks and Banking. * 13. Census. *14. Coast Guard. 15. Commerce and Trade. 16. Conservation. *17. Copyrights. *18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure. 19. Customs Duties. 20. Education. 21. Food and Drugs. 22. Foreign Relations and Intercourse. *23. Highways. 24. Hospitals, Asylums, and Cemeteries. 25. Indians.
42. The Public Health and Welfare.
43. Public Lands.
44. Public Printing and Documents.
45. Railroads. 46. Shipping. 47. Telegraphs, Telephones, and Radiotelegraphs. 48. Territories and Insular Possessions.
49. Transportation. 50. War and National Defense; and Appendix.
•This title has been enacted as law. + This title has been eliminated by the enactment of Title 10.