« PreviousContinue »
E.L. W.W. P.L. M. Florists (store only).
.30 1.00 (b) M. Furniture Dealers (store only)... .30 1.00 (b) M. Glass Merchants (store risk only,
excluding handling of plate
.30 1.00 (b) M. Glass Merchants (store risk only,
including handling of plate glass)
.60 1.50 (b) M. Grain Elevators-line or termi. nal
.1.80 1.50 60 M. Grain Sheds-one story, in Cali
fornia, Washington and Oregon. .60 1.25 12 M. Grocers-wholesale or retail.. .30 1.00 (b) M. Hardware Stores (no manufacturing)
.30 1.00 (b) M. Hay, Straw and Feed Dealers... .90 1.25 (b M. Hide and Leather Dealers..
......37 1.25 M. Hotels
.30 1.00 (b) M. Iron Merchants (not junk or scrap iron dealers)...
.37 1.00 (b) M. Junk Dealers (shop and yard).... .75 1.25 10 M. Leather and Hide Dealers.... .37 1.25 (b) M. Machinery Dealers (store only, no manufacturing)
.30 1.00 (b) M. Malt Houses
.1.50 1.50 12 M. Marketmen-including meat and
provision store (no manufactur
ing, slaughtering or rendering). .37 1.50 (b) M. Milk Dealers-store only........ .37 1.00 (b)
Note.-The occupation of a milk contractor may be covered by a Teams Policy, with loading and unloading endorsement. If the concontractor has a depot where he stores milk, and he wishes to cover his general liability hazard at such depot, the ordinary General Liability rate shall apply. M. Plate Glass Dealers and Import
.60 1.50 (b) M. Rag and Paper Stock Dealers.... .75 1.00 10 M. Restaurants
.30 1.00 (b) M. Scrap Iron Dealers (shop and yard)
.75 1.25 10 M. Seed Merchants-store and ware
house only (excluding box fac. tory)
.30 1.00 (b) M. Ship Chandler Stores (no manufacturing)
.30 1.00 (b) M. Store Risks-not otherwise classified (no manufacturing).
.30 1.00 (b) M. Storage (cold)
.1.50 1.80 75 M. Storage (furniture)
.90 2.50 M. Storage (grain)
.1.80 1.50 M. Storage--general merchandise
(not otherwise classified)........1.50 2.50 M. Theater and Exposition Building Employees
.45 1.00 † fIf Public Liability is taken, the Theater Policy form must be used. M. Tobacco Warehouse
.90 1.00 M. Tobacco Rehandlers
.90 1.00 M. Warehousemen (see Storagegeneral merchandise)...
1.50 2.50 65 M. Wine and Spirit Merchants.. .75 1.00 (b) M. Wool Merchants-office and ware
.90 1.00 20
E.L. W.W. P.L. M. Brush mirs. (no saw mill).. .60 1.00 8 M. Brush mfrs. (with saw mill).. .90 1.50 12 M. Cabinet Works (factory or fac. tory and store)
.1.00 1.75 13 M. Cane (walking) mfrs....
.60 1.00 8 M. Canoe (wood) Builders (shop only)
.60 1.25 M. Carpenters (shop only). ........1.00 1.25 13 M. Chair mfrs.
.78 1.75 10 M. Coffin and Casket (wood) mfrs... 1.00 1.25 13 M. Coopers
..1.20 3.00 16 M. Cork Cutting Works..
.60 1.25 M. Crutch mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Fishing Rod mfrs....
.75 1.25 10 M. Furniture (factory or factory and store)
.1.00 1.75 13 M. Furniture, Chair and Cabinet
Works-assembling of manufac.
.75 1.25 10 M. Hat Block mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 10 C. House (portable) mfrs..
.1.20 1.50 M. Hurdle mfrs.
.78 1.00 10 M. Ice Cream Freezer mfrs.
. 1.00 1.25 13 M. Incubator mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Indurated Fibre mfrs...
.75 1.50 10 M. Joiners (in shop).
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Keg mfrs.
.1.20 3.00 16 M. Kindling Wood mfrs..
.1.20 1.50 16 M. Ladder mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Last mfrs.
. 1.00 1.25 10 M. Lead Pencil mfrs..
.60 1.25 8 C. Mantel (wood) mfrs. (shop only).1.00 1.75 13 M. Mast and spar mfrs. (shop only).1.20 1.50 16 M. Organ (cabinet or parlor) Build
.48 1.00 6 C. Organ (pipe for churches) Build
13 M. Pail mfrs.
...1.20 3.00 16 M. Pattern and Model (wood) mfrs.1.00 1.25 10 M. Peg and Skewer (wood) mfrs....1.00 1.25 13 M. Photographic Supplies mfrs. with wood working
.60 1.25 8 C. Piano mfrs....
.48 1.00 6 M. Piano Action mfrs..
.48 1.00 6 M. Piano Forte Case mfrs.
.48 1.00 6 M. Piano Keys mfrs....
6 M. Piano mfrs.-assembling of parts only
.37 1.00 M. Piano Sounding Board mfrs.. .48 1.00 M. Picture Frame mfrs......
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Pipe mfrs.-wood (tobacco) .50 1.25 10 M. Pulley Block (wood) mfrs... 1.00 1.25 10 M. Pump (wood) mfrs....
.1.00 1.25 13 M. Rattan Goods mfrs.
.37 1.00 M. Refrigerator mfrs. (shop only)..1.00 1.25 13 C. School Supplies mfrs.
.78 1.00 10 C. Screen mfrs.--wooden (window).1.00 1.25
13 M. Ship (wood) Builders (shop only)1.20 1.50
16 M. Showcase mfrs.
.1.00 1.20 13 M. Spar and Mast mfrs. (shop only).1.20 1.50 16 M. Spool mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 10 M. Tank (wood) Builders (shop only)
.1.20 1.50 16 M. Toy (wood) mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 10 M. Trunk (wood) mírs.-including metal frames and fittings.
.78 1.00 10 M. Tub mirs.
.1.20 3.00 16 M. Turners (wood)
10 M. Veneer Package mfrs.-fruit and
vegetable baskets, butter dishes,
etc., made from veneer... .90 1.25 13 M. Veneer Seat mfrs. (not veneer mfrs.)
13 M. Washboard mfrs.
.. 1.00 1.25 13 M. Washing Machine and Clothes Wringer mfrs.
13 M. Wheelbarrow (wood) mfrs. ..1.00 1.20 13 M. Willow Ware mfrs....
.37 1.00 M. Wind Mill (wood) mfrs. (shop only)
.1.20 1.50 16 M. Window Blind and Wood Shade mfrs.
16 M. Woodenware mfrs.
16 C. Wood Mantel mfrs.
13 M. Wood Tank Builders (shop only).1.20 1.50
16 M. Wood Turners
.1.00 1.25 10
WOOD SCHEDULE. M. Barbers' Supplies mirs. (including furniture mfgs.)
.1.00 1.75 M. Barrel mfrs.
...1.20 3.00 M. Barrel mfrs. (not making staves, etc.)
.1.00 1.25 M. Barrel (wood veneer) mfrs........90 1.25 M. Basket (willow ware) mfrs.
.37 1.00 M. Basket (wood veneer) mfrs.. .90 1.25 M. Beadstead (not metal) mfrs. .1.00 1.75 M. Bee Hive mfrs....
. 1.00 1.25 M. Bellows mfrs.
.1.00 1.25 M. Bent Wood mfrs..
.1.00 1.75 C. Billiard Table mfrs...
. 1.00 1.75 M. Block (pulley) mfrs..
.1.00 1.25 M. Bobbin and Spool (wood) mfrs...1.00 1.25 M. Broom mfrs. (no saw mill). .60 1.00 M. Broom mfrs. (with saw mill)......90 1.50
5 13 13 13 13 13 13 10 10
Differential Rates applying to the Conference Liability Manual, as amended to June 1, 1904. The differentials in the following pages apply to the Employer's Liability rate only. In the States which do not appear in this list, the manual rates apply to all schedules.
Contractors must pay the proper rate for the section of the country in which the work is to be done. If one part of the work done is in one section and another in another, the contractor must be charged on each, the rate which it should bear under the rule.
A Except Boot and Shoe Manufacturers, Slipper Manufacturers and Tanners, no discount.
The rate for W.C. on Railroad Car Manufacturers is $1.50.
A Except Iron Mines, surface, no shafts, tunnels or drifts, Ore Mines, surface, no shafts, tunnels or drifts (not otherwise classified); Lead Mines an Lead ar Zinc Mines, no discount.
B Except Breweries, Breweries with Bottling, Bottling Works and Distilling, 33% per cent discount; and Coal Merchants, receiving or aot receiving by water; no discount.
C Except Rock Salt (shaft mining), 50 per cent discount.
D Except Packing Houses, no handling of cattle or slaughtering, and Sausage and Sausage Case Mfrs. 90c.; and Packing Houses, including handling of cattle and slaughtering, $1.20.
E Except Anchor Mfrs., Architectural Iron Works, Arms (heavy ordnance) Mfrs., Axle Mfrs., Boilermakers, Bridge Work, Cable (wire) Mfrs., Car Wheel Mfrs., Castings (steel) Mfrs., Cast Iron Pipe Mfrs.,
Chain and Anchor Mfrs., Forging Work (steam), Foundries, Gas Holders, Iron Foundry, Lead Works (sheet, etc.), Locomotive Works, Machine Shops with Foundries, Marine Engine Mfrs., Pipe (cast iron) Mfrs., Projectile Mfrs., Rolling Mills (iron or steel), Safe Mfrs., Ship Builders, Shot Works, Spring Mfrs., Spring Steel Manufacturers, Steam Shovels, etc., Mfrs.. Steel Castings Mfrs., Steel Freight Car, etc., Mfrs., Steel Works. Tank Builders, Tube Mfrs., Water Tower Mfrs., Wheel Mfrs., Wire Drawing, Wire Rope Mfrs., Wrought Iron Pipe Mfrs., 20 per cent discount.
F Except classifications under E, no discount.
G Except Gelatine Mfrs., Glue Mfrs., Isinglass (fish glue) Mfrs., and Size Mfrs., Agricultural Implement Mfrs. and Butchers Supplies Mfrs., no discount.
H Except Iron Mines, surface, no shafts, tunnels or drifts. and Ore Mines, surface, no shafts, tunnels or drifts (not otherwise classified), no discount.
I Except Saw Mills, 6633 per cent discount.
Except Rock Salt (shaft mining) 663 per cent discount.
M Agricultural Implement Mfrs., Butchers Supplies Mfrs., Beet Sugar Mfrs., Glucose Mfrs., Molasses and Syrup Mfrs., Starch Mfrs., Sugar Refiners, Coal Merchants receiving or shipping by water and not receiving or shipping by water, no discount; Bottling Works and Breweries, 20 per cent discount.
A Except Blast Furnaces and Iron Smelters, no discount.
C Applies on following classifications only: Bottle Mfrs., Glass (plate) Mfrs., Glass (cut) Mfrs., Glass Mfrs. (no plate glass mfg.) Other classifications in this Schedule, no discount.
D No discount. Blast Furnaces and Iron Smelters, $1.75.
H Cold Storage Warehouses, Grain Elevators (line or terminal), Junk Dealers (shop and yard), Scrap Iron Dealers (shop and yard), no discount.
The Workmen's Collective Rate on the following classifications in the States of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin will be that stated below, the rate given in the manual applying in all other States: W. C.
W.C. Rark Peeling. $1.50 Packing Case Mfrs.-steam.
1.25 Barrel Mfrs.. 1.50 Pail Mfrs.
1.50 Box Mfrs.-steam. 1.25 Planing and Moulding Mill.
1:50 Car (railroad) Mfrs.. 1.50 Railroad Car Mfrs
1.50 Cooperage Stock Mfrs.-heads, hoops, etc... 1.50 Sash, Door and Blind Mfrs.
1.50 Saw Mill (including all employees whose Keg Mfrs..
1.50 duties require their presence in the mill)... 2.00 Lath Mfrs.. 1.50 Shingle Mfrs.......
1.50 Logging and Lumbering operations with
1.50 transportation of logs to mill (not including
1.50 operation of logging railroad) 2.50 Woodenware Mfrs
1.50 Lumber Yard Employees.... 1.50 Wood Mantle Mfrs. (shops only).
1.25 Mantle (wood) Mfrs. (shop only).
CONFERENCE FORMS OF POLICIES AND APPLICATIONS
The following are the forms of policies and applications as adopted by the Liability Conference, June, 1904, and now in use by the companies forming the Conference. Thirteen liability companies are not members of the Conference, but the policies issued by them follow the same general lines. The character of the liability insurance contract, the extent of liability of the insuring company, and the duties of the insured in respect to such contracts, is clearly set forth in these documents.
FORM OF LIABILITY POLICY AND GENERAL AGREEMENTS. The following skeleton, or general form of liability policy and the conditions appended, are the same in all liability contracts approved by the Conference. Special agreements, or conditions, as given herewith, adapt this form to each class of the liability contract.
In consideration of the application for this policy, a copy of which is hereto attached and which is made part of this contract, and of dollars ($ ) premium, hereinafter called “the company," does hereby agree to indemnify of , County of State of hereinafter called “the assured," for the term of
, beginning day of , at noon, and ending on the
i at noon, standard time, at the place where this policy has been countersigned.
GENERAL AGREEMENTS. This insurance is subject to the following conditions, which are to be construed as conditions precedent of this contract :
1. The assured, upon the occurrence of an accident, shall give immediate notice thereof in writing, with full particulars, to the home office of the company at Baltimore, Md., or to its duly authorized ageni. He shall give like notices, with full particulars, of any claim which may be made on account of such accident.
2. If thereafter any suit is brought against the assured to enforce a claim for damages on account of an accident covered by this policy, immediate notice thereof shall be given to the company, and the company will defend against such proceeding, in the name and on behalf of the assured, or settle the same at its own cost, unless it shall elect to pay to the assured the indemnity provided for in clause " A" of special agreements as limited therein.
3. The assured shall not settle any claim, except at his own cost, nor incur any expense, nor interfere in any negotiation for settlement or in any legal proceeding without the consent of the company previously given in writing, but he may provide at the time of the accident such immediate surgical relief as is imperative. The assured when requested by the company shall aid in securing information and evidence and in effecting settlements, and in case the company calls for the attendance of any employee or employees as witnesses at inquests and in suits, the assured will secure his or their attendance, making no charge for his or their loss of time.
4. This policy does not cover loss from liability for injuries when the assured has failed to observe any statute affecting the safety of persons or has with knowledge violated any local ordinance made in the same behalf.
5. This policy does not cover loss for liability for injuries to any child employed contrary to law, nor to any child so employed under fourteea years of age, where no statute restricts the age of employment, nor does this policy cover any is jury due wholly or in part to the employment of any such child.
6. If the assured carry a policy of another insurer, whether valid or not, against a claim arising under this policy, he shall not be entitled to recover from the company a larger proportion of the loss than the sum hereby insured bears to the whole amount of insurance. It the assured has any other policy in this company, in re pect of any injury covered hereby, the assured shall elect the policy under which the accident shall be treated, but the company shall not be held responsible for a liability under more than one policy.
7. Any assignment of interest under this policy shall be void unless the written consent of the compacy is indorsed hereon by one of its officers.
8. No action shall lie against the company as respects any loss under this policy unless it shall be brought by the assured himself to reimburse him fur loss actually sustained and paid by him in satisfaction of a judg ment after trial of the issue. No such action shall lie unless brought within the period within which a claimant might sue the assured for damages unless at the expiry of such period there is such an action pending against the assured, in which case an action may be brought against the company by the assured within thirty days after final judgment has been rendered and satisfied as above. In no case, except that of minors, shall'any action lie against the company after the expiration of six years from the date of the given injuries or death. The company does not prejudice by this clause any defenses to such action which it may be entitled to make under this policy,
9. In case of payment of loss under this policy, the company shall be subrogated to all claims or rights of the assured in respect to such loss against any person or persons, and the assured shall execute any and all papers required to secure to the company said rights.
10. An agent has no authority to change this policy or to waive any of its provisions, nor shall notice to any agent or knowledge of his or of any
other person be held to effect a waiver or change in this con, tract, or in any part of it. No change whatever in this policy nor waiver of any of its provisions shall be valid unless an indorsement is added
hereto, signed by the president or secretary of the company, at its home office, expressing such waiver or change.
This policy shall only cover losses sustained by and liability for any claims against the assured as a result of the risk specified in the contract or contracts hereto attached, and is issued and accepted upon the condition that all the provisions printed on the slip or slips attached to this policv are accepted and shall