« PreviousContinue »
Letter of transmittal to Senator Ervin, Chairman, Committee on Government Page
Operations from Senator Metcalf, Chairman, Subcommittee on Budgeting, Man-
Office of Emergency Preparedness.
Agency for International Development
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation...
U.S. Water Resources Council..
The legibility of the writing on some of the pages which follow is substandard, although it is equal to the copy furnished the Subcommittee as part of the President's report. The agency primarily involved reported that submission of more legible copy would probably involve considerable delay and additional expense.
U.S. ARMS CONTROL AND DISARMAMENT AGENCY
ANNUAL REPORT OF THE ACDA SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. The name of the committee is the Social Science Advisory Board (SSAB) of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
3. It was established March 11, 1964; the last determination to continue it was made January 4, 1973,
4. The SSAB was established pursuant to the authority conferred upon the Director by section 41(f) of the Arms Control and Disarmament Act (22 USC 2581).
The establishment is authorized by law.
The SSAB will terminate not later than January 3,
The SSAB provides advice to ACDA on how the principles, methods, and research results of the social sciences may be relevant to the arms control and disarmament lield and now these sciences can be ut:?:-... torrent ACDA in developing its plans, programs, and policies and carrying out its mission. As requested, it may advise ACDA on any aspect of Agency functions and responsibilities. It has only advisory responsibilities.
The SSAB met twice during calendar year 1972, on April 4 and October 27.
10. The names, occupations, and addresses of its current members are attached.
11. The estimated total aggregate annual cost to the United States to fund, service, supply, and maintain the SSAB is $2,800, in addition to ACDA staff support.