« PreviousContinue »
1. OP will establish a Central
recruitment Office with professional
and supportive staff.
1. Provide EEO guidelines for train-1. ASPER, 0/Secy, ILAB, OASA will
ing, selection and assigning of maintain one full-time recruiter. recruiters
2. Receives and reviews Manpower
2. Maintain close contact with Cen
tral Recruiting Office and recruiters.
2. LMSA, SOL, BLS will each maintain
one full-time recruiter.
3. Coordinates clerical, tech
nician, and professional recruitment programs.
3. Evaluate recruitment prorams
and monitor progress through statistics and other reports.
3. ESA, OSHA, MA will each maintain
two full-time recruiters.
4. Assist in selection of
4. Serve as reference source for
4. Each region will maintain one
5. Coordinate, supervise, train,
and assign recruiters-receive their trip and progress reports.
5. Maintain Executive Level
Bank (listing of qualified
5. Recruiters will handle clerical,
technician, and professional recruiting for DOL.
OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR
POLICY, EVALUATION, AND RESEARCH
EEO Action Plan
As can be seen from the attached statistical analysis, an overall basis ASPER has a favorable sex distribution (55 percent) and a fair proportion (26 percent) of minority employees. In particular, women represent a sizeable portion of the professional staff (26 percent), and Negro women are well represented in the higher grades in the secretarial series.
Clearly, however, our most significant deficiency is the fact that there are no professional employees who are members of racial minorities. Thus, our principal EEO objective is to remedy that situation, and most of the following action proposals are directed to that end:
We will expand our own outreach program of
We are prepared to reserve one professional