« PreviousContinue »
$ 1-16.901–28 Standard Form 28: Affidavit of Individual Surety.
(a) Page 1 of Standard Form 28.
STANDARD FORM 28
AFFIDAVIT OF INDIVIDUAL SURETY
(See Instructions on Reverse)
I, the person whose signature appears below as surety, being duly sworn, depose and say that I am one of the sureties to the attached bond; that I am a citizen of the United States, and of full age and legally competent; that I am not a partner in the business of the principal on the bond or bonds on which I appear or may appear as surety; that the information herein below furnished is true and correct. This affidavit is made to induce the United States of America to accept me as surely on the attached bond. MY NAME (first, middle, last)
MY ADDRESS (street and number, city and State)
AMOUNT I AM WORTH IN REAL ESTATE AND PERSONAL PROPERTY OVER AND ABOVE (1) ALL MY DEBTS AND LIABILITIES OWING AND INCURRED. (2) ANY PROPERTY EXEMPT FROM EXECUTION, (3) ANY PECUNIARY INTEREST I HAVE IN THE BUSINESS OF THE PRINCIPAL ON SAID BOND, AND (4) ANY INTEREST I HAVE IN ANY SO-CALLED COMMUNITY PROPERTY
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF REAL ESTATE OF WHICH I AM SOLE OWNER IN FEE SIMPLE (not exempt from seizure and sale under any homestead law, community of marriage law, or upon attacbmeni, execution, or judicial Docass)
MY LIABILITIES OWING AND INCURRED DO NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF
AMOUNT I AM WORTH, OVER AND ABOVE JUST DEBTS AND LIABILITIES. IN
THE ABOVE PERSONAL PROPERTY CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING
ALL OTHER BONDS ON WHICH I AM SURETY (slate character and amount of each bond; it none, so slate)
MY SIGNATURE AS SURETY
Subscribed and sworn to before me this date at
(Title of oficial administering oath)
(Signature) STANDARD FORM 28 NOVEMBER 1950 EDITION
(b) Page 2 of Standard Form 28.
CERTIFICATE OF SUFFICIENCY I HEREBY CERTIFY, That the surety named herein is personally known to me; that, in my judgment, said surety is responsible, and qualified to act as such; and that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the facts stated by said surety in the foregoing affidavit are true.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. This form shall be used whenever sureties on bonds to be executed in connection with Government contracts are individual sureties. There shall be no deviation from this form except as authorized by the General Services Administration.
2. A firm, as such, will not be accepted as a surety, nor a parynot lor copartners or for a firm of which he is a member. Stockholders of a corporate principal may be accepted as suretice provided their qualifi. cations as such are independent of their stock holdings thereda. Saroues, if individuals, shall be citizens of the United States, except that sureties on bonds executed in any foreign country, the Canal Zone, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, or any possession of the Uniged States of the performance of contracts entered into in these places, need not be citizens of the United States, butyfnot citizens of the United States shall be domiciled in the place where the contract is to be performada
3. The individual surety shall justify, undet a sum not less than the penalty of the bond, according to the form appearing on the face hereok bstores United States commissioner, a clerk of a United States court, a notary public, or some other office having authority to administer oaths generally. If the officer has an official seal, it shall be affixed, otherwise
the proper certificate as to his official character shall be furnished. Where citizenship is not required, as provided in paragraph 2 of these instructions, the affidavit may be amended accordingly.
4. The certificate of sufficiency shall be signed by an officer of a bank or trust company, a judge or clerk of a court of record, a United States district attorney or commissioner, a postmaster, a collector or deputy collector of internal revenue, or any other officer of the United States acceptable to the department or establishment concerned. Further certificates as to the financial qualification of the sureties may be required from time to time. Such certificates must be based on the personal investigation of the certifying officers at the time of the making thereof, and not upon prior certificates.
V. S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
§ 1-16.901-30 Standard Form 30: Invitation and Bid (Supply Contract).
(a) Page 1 of Standard Form 30.
(2) the attached Schedule, (3) General Provisions (Standard Form 32,
edition), which are incor. porated herein by reference, and (4) such other contract provisions and specifications as are attached or incorporated by
reference in the Schedule, will be received at the above office until
(date) and at that time publicly opened, for furnishing the supplies or services described in the attached Schedule.
General information and instructions to bidders are contained in the fier and conditions on the reverse hereof.
In compliance with the above, the undersigned offers and try if this Bid be accepted within. calendar days (60 calendar days unless a different period be inserted by pod brothers from the date of the opening, to furnish any or all of the items upon which prices are quoted, at the py stus poosite each item, delivered at the designated poine(s) within the time specified in the attached Schedule.
BIDDER REPRESENTS: (Chack appropriate bozos)
FULL NAME OF BIDDER (Type or print)
(1) That he is, is not, a small business Lonceng See
BUSINESS ADDRESS OF BIDDER (Streal, city, zone, and State
Type or print)
definition on reverse hereof.) If bidder is stel busi. ness concern and is not the manufacturer of the sopplies bid upon, he also represents that all supplies to be fur. nished hereunder will, O will not, be manufactured or produced by a small business concern in the United States, its Territories, its possessions, or the Common.
wealth of Puerto Rico. (2) That he is a regular dealer in, o manufacturer of,
the supplies bid upon. (3) (a) That he has, has not, employed or retained
any company or person (other than a full-time bona fide employee working solely for the bidder) to solicit or secure this contract, and (b) that he has, has noi, paid or agreed to pay to any company or person (other than a full-time bona fide employee working solely for the bidder) any fee, commission, percentage or broker. age fee, contingent upon or resulting from the award of this contract; and agrees to furnish information re. lating to (a) and (b) above as requested by the Con. tracting Officer. (For interpretation of the representation, including the term "bona fide employee," see Code of Fed. eral Regulations, Title 44, Pari 150.)
SIGNATURE OF PERSON AUTHORIZED TO SIGN BID
TYPE OR PRINT SIGNER'S NAME AND TITLE
TYPE OF BUSINESS (Check oppropriate box) 0 Individual
Partnership INCORPORATED IN THE STATE OF (Complete, il corporation)
(a) Page 2 of Standard Form 30.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE INVITATION FOR BIDS 1. PREPARATION OF BIDS.-(a) Bidders are expected to Act concerning overtime payment, child labor, safety and examine the drawings, specifications, Schedule, and all in- health provisions, etc., may be obtained from the Wage and structions. Failure to do so will be at the bidder's risk.
Hour and Public Contracts Divisions, Department of (6) Each bidder shall furnish the information required
Labor, Washington 25, D. C. Requests for information by the bid form. The bidder shall print or type his name
should state the Invitation number, the issuing agency and on the Schedule and each Continuation Sheet thereof on
the supplies covered. which he makes an entry. Erasures or other changes must be initialed by the person signing the bid. Bids signed by
7. DISCOUNTS.—(a) Prompt-payment discounts will be
included in the evaluation of bids, provided the period of an agent must be accompanied by evidence of his authority.
the offered discount is sufficient to permit payment within (c) Unit price for each unit bid on shall be shown and
such period in the regular course of business under the such price shall include packing unless otherwise specified.
delivery, inspection, and payment provisions of the Invi. A total shall be entered in the Amount column of the Sched
tation and Bid. ule for each item bid on. In case of error in extension of price, the unit price will govern.
(6) In connection with any discount offered, time will
be computed from date of delivery of the supplies to carrier (d) Alternate bids will not be considered unless author
when delivery and acceptance are at point of origin, or ized by the Invitation.
from date of delivery at destination or port of embarkation (e) When not otherwise specified, bidder must definitely when delivery and acceptance are at either of those points, state time of proposed delivery.
or from date correct invoice or voucher is received in the
office specified by the Government if the latter date is later (1) Time, if stated as a number of days, will include Sundays and holidays.
than the date of delivery. Payment is deemed to be made,
for the purpose of earning the discount, on the date of 2. SUBMISSION OF BIDS.—(a) Bids and modifications mailing of the Government check. thereof shall be enclosed in sealed envelopes addressed to the issuing office, with the name and address of the bidder, 8. AWARD OF CONTRACT.-(a) The contract will be the date and hour of opening, and the invitation number awarded to that responsible bidder whose bid, conforming on the face of the envelope. Telegraphic bids will not be
to the Invitation for Bids, will be most advantageous to the considered unless authorized by the Invitation; however,
Government, price and other factors considered. bids may be modified by telegraphic notice provided such (6) The Government reserves the right to reject any or notice is received prior to the time set for the opening of all bids and to waive informalities and minor irregularities the bids.
in bids received. (6) Samples of items, when required, must be submitted (c) The Government may accept any item or group of within the time specified, and unless otherwise specified by items of any bid, unless the bidder qualifies his bid by spethe Government, at no expense to the Government. If not cific limitations. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN destroyed by testing, samples will be returned at bidder's THE SCHEDULE, BIDS MAY BE SUBMITTED FOR request and expense, unless otherwise specified by the ANY QUANTITIES LESS THAN THOSE SPECIFIED; Invitation.
AND THE GOVERNMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT (c) In the event no bid is to be submitted, do not return
TO MAKE AN AWARD ON ANY ITEM FOR A QUANthe Invitation unless otherwise specified. However, a letter
TITY LESS THAN THE QUANTITY BID UPON AT
THE UNIT PRICES OFFERED UNLESS THE BIDDER or post card should be sent to the issuing office advising whether future Invitations for the type of supplies or
SPECIFIES OTHERWISE IN HIS BID. services covered by this Invitation are desired.
(d) A written award mailed (or otherwise furnished)
to the successful bidder within the time for acceptance 3. WITHDRAWAL OF BIDS.—Bids may be withdrawn by
specified in the bid shall be deemed to result in a binding written or telegraphic notice (see 4 below).
contract without further action by either party. 4. LATE BIDS.-Bids and modifications or withdrawals thereof received after the time set for opening will not
9. SELLER'S INVOICES.—Invoices shall be prepared and
submitted in quadruplicate unless otherwise specified. Inbe considered, unless they are received before the award is made, and it is determined by the Government that failure
voices shall contain the following information: Contract to arrive on time was due solely to delay in the mails for
and order number (if any), item numbers, description of which the bidder was not responsible.
supplies or services, sizes, quantities, unit prices, and ex
tended totals. Bill of lading number and weight of ship5. GOVERNMENT-FURNISHED PROPERTY.—No material,
ment will be shown for shipments made on Government labor, or facilities will be furnished by the Government
bills of lading. unless otherwise provided for in the Invitation.
10. DEFINITION OF SMALL BUSINESS.-Generally, a small 6. LABOR INFORMATION.- Attention is invited to the business concern for the purpose of Government procurepossibility that wage determinations may have been made ment is a concern that (1) is not dominant in its field of under the Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act providing operation and, with its affiliates, employs fewer than 500 minimum wages for employees engaged in the manufacture employees, or (2) is certified as a small business concern for sale to the Government of the supplies covered by this by Small Business Administration. (See Code of Federal Invitation for Bids. Information in this connection, as Regulations, Title 13, Part 103, as amended, which contains well as general information as to the requirements of the the detailed definition and related procedures.)
V. S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING Orrice