« PreviousContinue »
M - Any modification which has no effect on the obligation of funds.
(2) The second through fourth positions shall contain the sequential serial number of the modification, commencing with 001. A separate series of serial numbers for each type of modi fication shall not be used.
M002 - Modification to contract with no change in funding obligation. A003 - Modification to contract with changes in funding obligation.
$9-52.106 Exceptions to modification numbers.
Modification numbers to be assigned to contracts described in $9-52.104(b) shall be sequentially numbered as described in $9-52.105 (b) for all modifications executed after October 1, 1977 commencing with the next successive number to the previous modi fication. A11 previous modification numbers shall remain unch anged.
$9-52.107 Task orders/ project agreements (TO/PA).
TO/PA numbers used in conjunction with basic instrument numbers shall be sequentially numbered by use of a three position numeric serial number commencing with the next successive number to the previous number used with the basic instrument. All previous TO/PA aumbers shall remain unchanged.
$9-52.108 Distribution of instruments.
(a) Basic distribution. Procurement activities which execute or administer instruments are respons ible for making the following minimum distribution of instruments : :
(1) One original signed copy to the files of the office administering the instrument, except when such copy is required for distribution to the General Accounting Office under paragraph (a)(3) of this paragraph. In the latter case a reproduction of the signed copy will be furnished to the activity administering the instrument;
(2) One signed copy to the contractor. However, in the case of formally advertised supply contracts, a purchase order or notice of award may be furnished in lieu of a signed copy of the contract.
(3) One original signed copy to the General Accounting Office when required by GAO Manual, Title 7-4510.50. This regulation provides in part as follows:
The original of all contracts with common carriers of all types for line haul freight or passenger transportation services, including passenger charter agreements but excluding contracts for local storage, drayage, and hauling, shall be transmitted promptly, to the General Accounting Office, Service Subdivision, Transportation Division, Washington D.c. 20548.
(4) One signed copy to the ERDA finance office servicing the procurement activity.
(b) Additional distribution of instruments. Each procurement activity shall make the following additional distribution of conformed copies of instruments including modifications and amendments thereto within its jurisdiction:
(1) To the Office of the General Counsel, one copy of:
(i) Each contract or instrument, and each subcontract under a cost-reimbursement type contract, where the proposed contract action was submitted for Headquarters approval;
(ii) Each engineering or architect-engineering prime contract, and each engineering or architect-engineering subcontract under an operating contract, involving an expenditure (actual or estimated) of $500,000 or more.
(2) To the appropriate audit office one copy of each costreimbursement type contract.
(3) To the requiring Headquarters activity, two copies of each instrument.
(4) To the office of the senior procurement official, Headquarters, one copy of each instrument where the proposed action was submitted for Headquarters approval.
The activities receiving a copy of instruments pursuant to $9-52.108(b), shall maintain a file of such instruments and shall be responsible for making the file available upon request.
9-52.110 Maintenance of files.
Heads of procurement activities shall maintain the official file of all instruments awarded and administered thereby. The location and distribution of files in an activity are the respons ibility of the head of that activity.
- 77 - 42
Procurement Request Numbers
$9-52.201 Policy on use.
(a) The PRN system shall apply to all requests to enter into, extend, modify or terminate contracts, agreements (excluding interagency agreements), grants, or other forms of financial assistance.
(b) Modifications to instruments which are not the result of procurement requests with a discrete PRN from a Headquarters office shall be initiated as procurement procuring activity utilizing a discrete PRN (i.e., modifications as the result of approved financial plans are to be initiated by the appropriate field activity, which will assign its own PRN).
(c) Transfers of procurement actions in process from one procurement activity to another will be done by cancelling the PR and reissuing with a new number assigned by the initiating office.
(d) If the plan is to fund an action with funds from more than one fiscal year, individual Procurement Requests (PR) are required for each year's funding, each with its own unique number as specified in $9-53.202.
(a) The first position shall contain a capital letter which identifies the office originating the PR using identification letters assigned in 99-52.101(b).
(b) The second and third positions shall be the number of the procurement office assigned to process the PR using those identification numbers assigned in 59-52.101(e).
(c) The fourth and fifth positions shall be the last two digits of the fiscal year of the funds authorized in item 16 of the PR form.
(d) The sixth through ninth positions shall be the serial number of the PR and shall commence with the number 0001 at the start of each fiscal year. A single series of serial numbers will be used by each initiating office.
1...... Defense program.
1 ....... Action originated within field activity.
59-52.204 Assignment of numbers.
(a) Each activity identified in $9-52.101(b) shall be responsible for the coordination and issuance of procurement request numbers for offices under its cognizance.
(b) The office of the senior procurement official, Headquarters, will be respons ible for issuing procurement request numbers for all other Headquarters offices not separately identified in $9-52.101(b).
$ 9-52.205 Modifications to procurement requests.
(a) Modifications to procurement requests shall be numbered by adding three additional characters to the basic PR number as follows:
The tenth position shall contain a decimal point.
(2) The eleventh and twelfth positions shall be the serial number of the modi fication and shall commence with the number 01.
D Below is an illustration of a modi fication to a procurement request.
1-9..... Basic PR number.