« PreviousContinue »
• Is there clear commitment from the applicant institution to assume
responsibility for the support of activities of a continuing nature once the grant period ends?
• Is the project placed in the context of the applicant's overall
• For State projects, does the project relate to priorities established
by the State Board? If it does not fall in a priority area, is there some special justification for support?
With regard to the PLAN OF WORK, does the proposal
Include a description of the work to be performed by each person on the project?
• Tie work to be done to a schedule or timetable?
Provide sufficient time, according to the timetable, for the
• Is there too much time?
• Indicate when related personnel activities, such as consultant visits
and advisory board meetings, will take place and how they fit into the ongoing work of project staff?
Show evidence of previous experience with the techniques to be used or their successful use by others? Are generally accepted standards being followed?
• Indicate, for activities which are large in scope or new to the
institution, that a pre-test or pilot to identify problem areas or
Include samples of any forms, cover letters, instructions, finding aid formats, etc., that are to be used or created during the project?
Show that project goals are supported by other parties whose
• Indicate awareness of other similar projects elsewhere, and the
factors contributing to their success or failure?
Include any follow-up or continuing activity that will (or should)
• Make sense? Is there a more logical or efficient manner of proceeding
toward the accomplishment of stated project goals?
With regard to the PERSONNEL, does the proposal
• Note the names, qualifications, and duties of all known personnel
involved in a substantive way?
• Use personnel whose background and qualifications are appropriate for
the duties assigned to them?
• Include a job description and statement of qualifications for all
positions to be filled?
• Note how the search for qualified candidates will take place and
provide for a sufficiently wide and careful search to obtain the
Note the names and qualifications of any consultants, advisory board members, or other paid or non-paid advisors to the project?
• Indicate what costs are being ascribed to grant monies and what
costs will be met by the applicant or other institutions?
• Explain how budget figures were arrived at (e.g., breakdown of travel
costs, or components of per reel costs in microfilm production)?
• Account for all expenditures suggested by the proposal narrative?
• Include a separate budget form for each year of a multi-year project,
as well as a grand total at the end of the budget form used for the final year?
• Include appropriate cost-sharing or matching funds?
• Reflect efforts to achieve maximum economy in achieving the project's
Make sense? Do the figures add up?
With regard to any PRODUCTS emanating from the project, does the proposal include
Descriptions of the format, content, and availability of any finding aids or databases to be produced?
Descriptions of the format, content, and distribution of any publication to be produced as well as justification for publication?
• Description of the methods to be used in the preparation and
microfilming of any records? Is there adherence to the Commission's microform guidelines?
Evidence of careful advance consideration and decision-making as to the purpose, audience, scope, and content of any intended product?
SAMPLE APPLICATION FORM, BUDGET, AND PROJECT SUMMARY
These samples are intended to serve as an aid to applicants. They should not be interpreted as indicating the nature and scope of proposals to be submitted to the Commission. Note that the sample does not include required assurances and certifications, nor does it include a proposal narrative, appendices, etc. Be sure to review the application checklist in Appendix A prior to submitting a proposal to ensure that all necessary items have been prepared.
Yes If "Yes." attach an explanation.
No 9 TOTAL
70, 765 18. TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF. ALL DATA IN THIS APPLICATION PREAPPLICATION ARE TRUE AND CORRECT, THE DOCUMENT HAS BEEN DULY AUTHORIZED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE APPLICANT AND THE APPLICANT WILL COMPLY WITH THE ATTACHED ASSURANCES IF THE ASSISTANCE IS AWARDED a. Typed Name of Authorized Representative
c Telephone number C. Wardly Lyon
(100) 222-3333 d. Signature of Authorized Representative
e Date Signed
C Wandly hyon
Previous Editions Not Usable
Standard Form 424 TREV 4 file Prescribed by OMB Circular A!
Authorized for Local Reproduction