« PreviousContinue »
This book contains the rules and regulations constituting Title 24, revised as of January 1, 1968. It replaces the volume entitled "Title 24-Housing and Housing Credit, Revised as of January 1, 1967," and becomes an integral part of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The text in this revision is derived from the latest text of the rules and regulations, general and permanent in nature, duly promulgated in the Federal Register on or before December 31, 1967. Source materials from which the text is derived are cited with the text and should be consulted to determine the effective date of any given provision. All dates appearing in the source citations are dates of publication in the Federal Register and should not be construed as effective dates,
Current regulatory material appearing in the daily issues of the Federal Register follows the numbering system used herein and serves as a daily supplement hereto. This book contains the following finding aids: a table of CFR titles and chapters; an alphabetical list of CFR subtitles and chapters; a redesignation table; and a list of sections affected which furnishes Federal Register citations to all changes in this book beginning January 1, 1964, including changes which are no longer in effect.
A compilation of the list of sections affected for the entire Code of Federal Regulations from January 1, 1949, through December 31, 1963, is published in a separate volume entitled "List of Sections Affected, 1949–1963."
A General Explanation of the Code of Federal Regulations, a list of current CFR volumes, and a list of superseded CFR volumes appear in the volume containing Titles 1-3, and in the General Index volume. A list of titles, subtitles, chapters, subchapters, and parts of the entire Code of Federal Regulations is also published in the General Index volume.
This volume is published pursuant to Part 30 of the regulations of the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register, as revised December 7, 1965 (30 F.R. 15131; 1 CFR Part 30), under the authority contained in section 11 of the Federal Register Act (67 Stat. 388, as amended; 44 U.S.C. 311). The contents of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations are by law prima facie evidence of the text of the original documents and are required to be judicially noticed (49 Stat. 502, 67 Stat. 388; 44 U.S.C. 307, 311). The preferred citation of the Code is "CFR.” Thus, the citation “24 CFR 0.735–101” refers to section 0.735–101 of this Title.
DAVID C. EBERHART January 2, 1968.
Title 24-Housing and
SUBTITLE A-Office of the Secretary, Department of Housing and Urban
SUBTITLE B-Regulations Relating to Housing and Housing Credit:
CHAPTER 14 [Reserved]
CHAPTER 11 — Federal Housing Administration, Department of Housing and Urban Development
CHAPTER III—Housing Assistance Administration, Department of Housing
and Urban Development
CHAPTER IV-Federal National Mortgage Association, Department of Hous
ing and Urban Development
CHAPTER V-- Reserved]
CHAPTER VI — President's Committee on Equal Opportunity in Housing.
Cross ReFERENCES: Farmers Home Administration, Department of Agriculture: See Agri
cultural Credit, 7 CFR Chapter XVIII.
Federal Home Loan Bank Board, 12 CFR Chapter V.
Veterans Administration regulations on assistance to certain veterans in acquiring specially
adapted housing and guaranty of loans on homes: See Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief, 38 CFR Part 36.
1. Purpose. This Department Interim Order II provides for continuity of performance of functions transferred under Public Law 89–174, the Department of Housing and Urban Development Act (herein called the Act), from and after the entrance on duty of a Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (herein called the Secretary) and ratification of actions taken since the effective date of the Act (November 9, 1965).
2. Nomenclature changes. Wherever the title "Housing and Home Finance Administrator" or "Administrator" appears in a rule, regulation, order, authorization, delegation, or other action continued in effect under section 9(c) of the Act or hereunder, such title is hereby changed to "Secretary of Housing and Urban Development" or "Secretary” respectively; an wherever the words "Housing and Home Finance Agency” or “Agency” appear in such a document such words are changed to "Department of Housing and Urban Development" or "Department" respectively.
3. Certain offices or positions and organizational units; delegation of authority. The offices or positions and organizational units in the Department shall include, in addition to those otherwise prescribed:
Respective organizational Office or position
unit Foderal Housing Federal Housing Admin
Commissioner. istration. Public Housing Public Housing Admin
Each officer or employee appointed to, or designated to act in, the office or position listed immediately above and each organizational unit so listed is hereby authorized to exercise the functions, powers, and duties vested in, or delegated or assigned to, the office or position or officer or employee or organizational unit having the same title immediately prior to the effective date of the Act, and to redelegate and authorize successful redelegations of such authority to the extent empowered under authority vested, delegated, or assigned immediately prior to the effective date of the Act. Authority delegated herein or redelegated hereunder shall be exercised in the name of the Secretary except that authority delegated to the Federal Housing Commissioner or the Public Housing Commissioner may be exercised in
sioner or the Federal Housing Administration, or the Public Housing Commissioner or the Public Housing Administration, respectively, and any action taken under this delegation or a redelegation hereunder by or in the name of the Federal Housing Commissioner, the Federal Housing Administration, the Public Housing Commissioner, or the Public Housing Administration shall be deemed to be the action of the Secretary.
4. Applicability of rules, regulations, orders, authorizations, delegations, or other actions continued in effect. Subject to paragraph 2, a reference in a rule, regulation, order, authorization, delegation, or other 80tion continued in effect under section 9(c) of the Act or hereunder to an office or position, officer or employee, or organizational unit (including board or committee) shall be deemed to refer to the office or position, oficer or employee, or organizational unit having the same title in the Department or to its duly designated successor.
5. Conclusive evidence of authority. Any instrument or document, including an instrument purporting to transfer any right, title, or interest in or to real or personal property, executed by an officer or employee of the Department under the authority of this Order shall be conclusive evidence of the authority of such officer or employee to act for the Secretary in executing such instrument or document.
6. Custody of and accountability for assets and liabilities. The assets, llabilities, contracts, property, records, and unexpended balances of appropriations, authorizations, allocations or allotments, or other funds of the Department shall be in the custody and subject to the accountability of the office or position, oficer or employee, or organizational unit responsible for such custody and accountability immediately prior to the effective date of the Act.
7. Ratification of actions. All actions taken since the effective date of the Act by the Housing and Home Finance Administrator as such oficer or as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Federal National Mortgage Association or by officers or employees of the Department pursuant to authorizations or delegations by the Administrator or otherwise pursuant to the terms of Department Interim Order I (published at 30 F.R. 14198, Nov. 11, 1965) are hereby ratified, adopted, and confirmed and shall be deemed to be of the same effect as if taken by the Secretary or with his express authorization.
Department Interim Order I is hereby superseded. [Interim Order II, 31 F.R. 815, Jan. 21, 1966)