« PreviousContinue »
E. STANFORD, 26 & 27 COCKSPUR ST., CHARING CROSS, S.W.; WILLIAMS AND STRAHAN, 7 LAWRENCE LANE, E.C.
REGULATIONS FOR THE CIRCULATION OF BOOKS.
1. The Library is open for Readers, and for the issue and receipt of Books, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on Saturdays, when it is closed at 2 p.m.
2. No Book may be taken from the Library until the title has been entered for issue by the Assistant Secretary, in a book provided for the purpose, with the signature of the Fellow borrowing it placed against the record. Fellows, however, wishing to borrow Books and not being able to apply personally, may send a written application for them to the Assistant Secretary, and may have the Books forwarded to them on providing payment of postage or carriage.
3. Fellows may not have more than two volumes from the Library at any one time, without special permission of the President or one of the Secretaries. Books borrowed by Fellows may not be retained longer than one month without the renewal of the issue.
4. All books and documents in the hands of Fellows are to be returned to the Library one month before the commencement of each Session, to allow a yearly scrutiny of the condition of the Library.
5. Books of reference, unbound publications, and manuscripts, are not allowed to go into circulation, except under special permission of the President or one of the Secretaries.
6. Fellows are responsible for the safe keeping of Books in their possession, and in case of injury will be required to repair the damage, to pay the value of the injured Books, or replace them, at the discretion of the Council.