« PreviousContinue »
HOUSING ACT OF 1949
COMMITTEE ON BANKING AND CURRENCY
H. R. 4009
A BILL TO ESTABLISH A NATIONAL HOUSING
MAY 16, 1949.—Reported with amendments, committed to the Committee of the Whole House on the State of the Union and ordered to be printed
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
WASHINGTON : 1949
May 16, 1949.—Committed to the Committee of the Whole House on the State
of the Union and ordered to be printed
Mr. SPENCE, from the Committee on Banking and Currency, sub
mitted the following
[To accompany H. R. 4009)
The Committee on Banking and Currency to whom was referred the bill (H. R. 4009) to establish a national housing objective and the policy to be followed in the attainment thereof, to provide Federal aid to assist slum-clearance projects and low-rent public housing projects initiated by local agencies, to provide for financial assistance by the Secretary of Agriculture for farm housing, and for other purposes, having considered the same, report favorably thereon, with amendments, and recommend that the bill as amended, do pass.
The amendments are as follows:
1. Page 8, lines 5 and 6, and page 10, line 18, strike out "not to exceed in any fiscal year an additional” in each place where such appears therein and insert in lieu thereof "additional amounts aggregating not more than”.
2. Page 17, line 12, insert a comma after "3709" and the following "as amended,"
3. Page 19, line 6, strike out "sections 1 and 2 of the”, strike out all of line 7 and "and 276c)” on line 8, and insert in lieu thereof "title 18 U. S. C., section 874, and of title 40 U. S. C., section 276c,”.
4. Page 21, line 2, strike out "platted urban or suburban"; and on lines 7 and 8 'strike out "unplatted urban or suburban”.
5. Page 28, line 5, strike out "need” and insert in lieu thereof "needs"
6. Page 28, line 24, strike out "initiated after March 1, 1949,".
7. Page 29, line 6, after the word "project” insert "initiated after the date of enactment of the Housing Act of 1949,".