« PreviousContinue »
| He bare the Sins of many, and maketh Intercellion for the Transgressors. m If any
Man fin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous; who being made an High-Priest for ever, and being an unchangeable Priesthood, is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing
he ever liveth to make Intercession for them. Our Redeemer is strong; he ihall thoroughly plead
* No Man cometh unto the Father, but by his Son Jefus, who is gone to prepare a Place for us in his Father's House; and he will come again and receive us unto himself, that where he is, there we may be also. Which Way the HOLY GHOST contributes
to our REDEMPTION. The HOLY GHOST is GOD. • This is the Eternal Spirit; the Spirit of God and of Christ ; sent down from Heaven from the Father.
? The Lord with whom Moses fpake, is that Spirit, who is also called the Lord Jehovah.
9 He that lieth to the Holy Ghoft, lieth to God.
: What, know you not that your Body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in you?
Heb. 70 o Heb. 9.
illa. 53• 12•
m 1 John 2. 1. Heb. 5. 5, 6. 24, 25.
Jer. 50. 34. John 14. 6, 2, 3. 14. Mat. 3. 16. Rom. 8.
1 Pet. I. 11, 12. 26. P Exod. 34. 34. 2 Cor. 3. 17. Exod. 6. 3. S. 3, 4
John 15. 9 Acts
si Cor. 6. 19.
· Whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it - shall not be forgiven him, neither in this World, neither in the World to come.
• Mighty Signs and Wonders were wrought by the Power of the Spirit of God.
The Spirit searcheth all Things, yea, the deep Things of God, which no Man knoweth but the Spirit of God. The extraordinary OPERATIONS of the HOLY
GHOST. * Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghoft: And when he was baptized, the Heavens were opened unto him, and the Spirit of God descended like a Dove, and lighted upon him; and he was full of the Holy Ghost; and the Spirit of the Lord being upon him, he preached the Gospel of Peace and Salvation.
* He cast out Devils by the Spirit of God; and through the Eternal Spirit he offered himself without Spot to God.
y After Jesus, through the Holy Ghost, had given Commandments unto the Apostles whom he had chosen, and was taken up from them into Heaven, he sent them another Comforter, which is the Holy Ghoft, even the Spirit of Truth; who was to abide with them for ever, to guide them into all Truth, to teach them all Things, to bring all Things to their Remembrance, whatsoever he had said unto them, and to shew them Things to come.
s Mat. 12. 32.
Heb. 2. 4•
I Cor. 2. 10, 11. w Mat. I. 21, 20. Mat. 3. 16.
Luke 4. I Ifa. 61, I. Eph. 6. 15. Eph. 1: 13. x Mat. 12. 28. Heb. y Acts 1.2, 11.
John 14. 16, 26. 17, 16. John 16. 13. John 14. 26. John 16. 13.
John 15. 16.
2 And the Apostles were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and spake with other Tongues as the Spirit gave them Utterance.
• That great Salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, was confirmed unto us by them that heard him: God bearing them Witness, both with Signs and Wonders, and with divers Miracles and Gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own Will.
• For to one was given by the Spirit the Word of Wisdom and Knowledge; to another the Gifts of Healing by the fame Spirit; to another the Working of Miracles; to another Prophecy; to another Discerning of Spirits; to another divers Kinds of Tongues; to another the Interpretation of Tongues : But all these wrought that one and the self-fame Spirit, dividing to every Man severally as he would.
Prophecy came not in old Tiine by the Will of Man; but holy Men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
The Mystery of Christ which in other Ages was not made known unto the Sons of Men, was in these last Days revealed unto his holy Apostles, and Prophets by the Spirit. The common OPERATIONS of the Spirit in
e No Man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghoft; and no Man, speaking by the Spirit of God, calleth Jesus accursed.
2 Acts 2. 4.
b 1 Cor. 12. 8, 9, 10, 11. • 2 Pet. 1, 21. d Ephs 3. 4, So
¢ Cor. 12. F
f 'There are Diversities of Spiritual Gifts according to the manifold Grace of God, which do all contribute to our Salvation. For the Manifestation of the Spirit is given to every Man to profit withal.
& Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty
h This is that Spirit of Wisdom, by whom the Eyes of our Understanding are enlightened, that we may know what is the Hope of the Calling of God, what the Riches of the Glory of his Inheritance in the Saints.
i We have received the Spirit which is of God, that we might know the Things that are freely given to us of God.
It is by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us, that we are enabled to hold fast the Form of sound Words which we have heard, and to keep all thofe good Things which have been committed to us.
1. The Fruit of the Spirit is in all Goodness, Righteousness, and Truth; Love, Joy, Peace, Long-suffering, Gentleness, Faith, Meekness, and Temperance.
Through the Power of the Holy Ghost we abound in Hope, and are filled with all Joy and Peace in believing; the Love of God being fhed abroad in our Hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto us.
By the Spirit of God we are strengthened with Might in the inner Man, and by this Means ale we rooted and grounded in Love.
fi Cor. 12. 4. 1 Pet. 4. 10. Titus 2. 11.
i Cor. 12. 7. % 2 Cor. 3. 17. # Eph. 1.'17, 18.
I Cor. 2. 12. * 2 Tim. 1. 14, 13, 14.
1 Eph. 5. 9.
Gal. v. 22, 23m Rom. 150.53. Rom. 5. 5. * Eph. 3. 16, 17%
. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our Infirmities. For we know not what we should
for as we ought; but the Spirit itself maketh Intercession for us, according to the Will of God.
p We are justified in the Name of the Lord Jerus, and by the Spirit of our God; whereby we are fealed unto the Day of Redemption.
9 God giveth the Holy Ghost to them that obey hiin, and our Souls are purified in obeying the Truth through the Spirit. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the Sons of God, being sanctified by the Hily Ghost.
- We are saved by the Washing of Regeneration, and Renewing of the Holy Ghost; which is shed on us abundantly through Jesus Chrilt our Saviour. For except a Man be born again of Water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
* The Wind bloweth where it-listeth, and we hear the Sound thereof, but cannot tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; fo is every one that is born of the Spirit.
+ By one Spirit we are baptized into one Body; and those that feed the Church of God are made Overseers over the Flock by the Holy Ghost.
o Rom. 8. 26, 27.
P i Cor. 6. 11.
Eph. 4. 30 @ Acts 5. 32.
1 Pet. 1. 22
Rom. 8. 14. Rom. 15. 16. I Titus 3. 5, 6. John 3: 3, S. s John 3. 8. ti Core 12. 13. Acts 20. 28,