« PreviousContinue »
of his Mouth ; meditate also on all his Works, and talk of his Doing.
• Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his Commandments, and his Judgments, and his Statutes. Consider in thine Heart that he remembers all thy Wickedness.
• Take heed to thyself, and keep thy Soul diligently; left thou forget the Covenant of the Lord ihy God; and left it depart from thy Heart all the Days of thy Life.
d The Book of the Law which the Lord hath given thee shall not depart out of thy Mouth ; but thou shalt meditate therein Day and Night; thať thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written iherein.
? Wherewith shall a young Man cleanse his Way? By taking heed thereto, according to the Word of God.
* When I thought on my Ways, I turned my Feet unto thy Teftimonies; I inade hafte, and delayed not to keep thy Commandinents.
& Thy Word, O Lord, have I hid in my Heart, that I might not fin against thee; I will meditate in thy Precepts, and have respect unto thy Ways; I will delight myself
in thy Statutes ; I will not forget thy Word. Thy Testimonies also foall be my Delight and my Counsellors. Thy Com mandments all be ever with me.
Be mindful of the Words which were spoken
Pfal. 77. 12.
Hosea 7. 20 23, go d-Joshua 1. &
e Psal. 119. g. 60. & Pfal. 119. 11, 15, 16, 24, 98. 24eto 3. 2. N 6
c Deut. 493 f Pfal. 119.599
'before by the holy Prophets, and of the Command ment of the Apostles of the Lord and Saviour.
i Remember the Words of the Lord Jesus: and the Words which were spoken of the Apos'tles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
* In the Day of Prosperity be joyful ; but in the Day of Adversity consider : Ġód also hath set the one over against the other.
· It is better to go into the House of Mourning, than to go to the House of Feasting; for that is the End of all Men, and the Living will lay it to his Heart.
m O that Men were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter End, and not put far away the evil Day!
If a Man live many Years, and rejoice in them all ; yet let hiin remeinber the Days of Darkness, for they fhall be many. All that cometh is Vanity.
. We are all the Children of Light, Watchfulness. and the Children of the Day. We are not of the Night, nor' of Darkness; therefore let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober.
p See that ye walk circumfpe&tly, not as Fools, but as Wise; redeeming the Time, because the Days are evil. Be fober ; be vigilant ; because your Adver
9. sary the Devil, as a roaring Lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
2 Pet. 3. 2.
ik Eecler. 7. 14. Ecclef. 7. 2. m Deut. 32. 29. Amos 6. 3.
n Ecclef. 6 Thielt . 5. 5, 6. P Eph. 5. 152 16. 93 Pet. 5. &
** Put on the whole Armour of God ; that
ye may be able to stand against the Wiles of the Devil,
* Take Cure left by any ineans as the Serpent beguiled Eve through his Subtilty, fo your Minds should be corrupted from the Simplicity that is in Chrift.
i Be watchful and strengthen the Things which remain, that are ready to die.
u Keep thy Heart with all Diligence ; for out of it are the Issues of Life..
w Set a Watch, O Lord, before my Mouth; keep the Door of my Lips ; for I am purposed that my Mouth shall not transgress.'
* Take heed left when you have heard the Word, the Cares of this World, and the Deceitfulness of Riches, and the Lufts of other Things entering in, choke the Word, and it become unfruitful.
y Watch and pray, that ye enter not into Temptation; for bleffed are those Servants whoin the Lord when he coineth shall find watching.. 3 I am a Companion of all them that
Company. fear thee, O Lord, and of them that keep thy Precepts.
* If Sinners entice thee, consent thou not: Walk not thou in the Way with them; refrain thy Foot from their Path ; neither desue to be with them; left thou learn their Ways, and get a Snare to thy Soul.
Eph. 62 13. $ 2.Cor. 11. 3. Rey. 3i 2. . Prov. w Pral. 141. 3.
Pfal. 17. 3. 4. 23.
1 x Mark 4, 18, 19. ở Mat. 6. 4. Luke 12. 37•
Ż Pfal. 119. 63.
a Proy. 1. 3), 35. Prov. 24. 1. Prov. 22. 25.
• Enter not into the Path of the Wicked, and go not in the Way of evil Men ; avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. fleep not, except they have done Mischief.
My Soul, come not thou into their Secret; unto their
Assembly, mine Honour, be not thou united. Come out from among them, and be ye feparate, faith the Lord.
& Take heed to thy felf, that thou be not snared by following them who have spoken to thrust thee out of the Way, which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in.
• If thy Brother, or thy Son, or thy Daughter, or the Wife of thy Bosom, or thy Friend, which is (a's, thine own Soul, entice thee secretly to do Evil ;l thou shalt' not confent unto him, hearken unto him.
Beware of évil Workers; and be not thou Partaker with them. . Shouldst thou help the Una godly, and love them that hate the Lord?
8 Ceafe to hear the Instruction that causeth to err from the Words of Knowledge.
Have no Fellowship with the unfruitful Works of Darkness, but rather reprove them.. : 1. Thou shalt not follow a Multitude to do Evil,
* Be not unequally yoked together with Un, believers. For what Fellowship hath Righteourness with Unrighteousnefs ? and what Communion hath Light with Darkness?' '
syd Prov. 4.. 14, 15, 16.
& Gen. 49. 6.
2 Cor. 6. 17. e Deut. 13. 6, 8.
f Phil. Deut. 12. 30. Deut. 13. 5.
& Prov. 19. 27 Eph. So 7:- 2 Chron. 19. 2. 5 Epb. 5. is. * Exod. 23. 2.
* 2. Corr 6. f4.
! I wrote unto you (faith. St. Paul) not to company with Fornicators ; yet not laltogether with the Fornicators of this Worldt, or with the Covetous, or Extortioners, or with Idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the World. But I have written unto you not to keep Company; if any Man that is called a Brother bé a Fornicator, or Covetous, or an Idolater, or a Railer, or a Drunkard, of an Extortioner ; with such a one
a no not to eat.
Treil m Withdraw yourselves from every Brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the Tradi tion which he received of us. 31.
# He that followeth vain Persons is void of Understanding. li ... vsi! 10:
• Mark them which caufe Divisions and Offences, contrary to the Doctrine which ye have learned, and avoid them. For they that are such serve' not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own Lufts; and by good Words and fair Speeches they deceive the Hearts of the Simple. LP As there were false Prophets among the People in old Time, even if there shall be false Teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable Heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them; and through Covetousness thall they with feigned Words make 'Merchandise of you; Men of corrupt Minds, and deftitute of the
Truth, fupposing that Gain is Godliners: From fuch withdraw thyself.
Thes. 3. 6. À Prop. 12. II. o Rom. 16. 17, 18.
p 2 Pet. 2: 3, 3. 1. Tisto. 6. 5.