« PreviousContinue »
at WD 20073
CROWN 8vo., CLOTH, HALF A Crown, POSTAGE FOURPENCE,
Enquire Within upon Everything.
No instance can be adduced in the annals of English Literature of a circulation so extensive, or a success so complete, as that of
ENQUIRE WITHIN." Wi in the space of a very few years, pwards of THIRTY SEPARATE EDITIONS have been issued, amounting in the aggregate to upwards of
FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND COPIES ! This astonishing cir
d almost without advertising; and it can
intrinsic excellence of the Work, to the infi
GEO. I. SENEY less of its contents, and to the extreme ca
render the book replete with the latest ]
in its pages.
The great popularity Proprietors to bring ou companion Volumes, er
BROOKLYN YOUNG MENS
FIGO DEUS ARMATUS
has induced the kindred nature, as
The extensive favour with which these volumes have been received may be judged from the fact that upwards of
EIGHT HUNDRED AND SIXTY THOUSAND COPIES have been published. Add to this the number sold of “ENQUIRE WITHIN,” and there is a grand total circulation of considerably over ONE MILLION HALF-CROWN VOLUMES.
The attention of Reading Clubs, Mechanics' Institutes, Village Libraries, and all others interested in the dissemination of sound practical information on Religion, Science, English History, Domestic Economy, &c. is particularly directed to this Series. Lists post free, on a LONDON: HOULS
THE ENQUIRE WITHIN” & “REASON WHY"
SERIES OF POPULAR WORKS, Including the Dictionaries of Daily Wants, Useful Knowledge, and Medical Knowledge, and containing upwards of SEVEN THOUSAND PAGES of closely printed matter, are now published. A vast Fund of valuable Information, embracing every subject of interest or utility, is thus attainable, and at a merely nominal cost.
These really useful Books are so cheap, and in such general demand, that the Sale has already reached considerably
UPWARDS OF ONE MILLION VOLUMES. “ I consider the publication of these Works most important, and rejoice beartily in their extensive circulation."-LORD BROUGHAM to the Publishers.
“ Tbe circulation of cheap works is now enormous, and the low price marvellous. It may suffice to mention such as the half-crown volumes of Messrs. Houlston and Sons. -LORD BROUGHAM at the Social Science Congress at Ediuburgh.
"A Series of unpretending and pleasing Volumes well worth obtaining.”- Blackwood,
1. Enquire Within upon Everything.
28. Od. 2. A Journey of Discovery all Round our House; or, The Interview. A Companion to “Enquire Within.
28. 6d. 3. The Corner Cupboard. A Family Repository.
28. 60, 4. The Practical Housewife. Domestic Economy.
28. od. 5. The Family Save-All. Secondary Cookery.
28. Od. 6. Notices to Correspondents. Editorial Answers to Enquirers. 28. 6d. 7. How a Penny became a Thousand Pounds.
ls. Och Life Doubled by the Economy of Time.
18. 6d. The two Works together.
28. 6d. 8. The Biblical Reason Why: Sacred History.
28. 6d, 9. The Reason Why: General Science.
28. 8d, 10. The Housewife's Reason Why: Domestic Science.
28. 6d, 11. The Historical Reason Why: English History,
28. 6d, 12. The Reason Why: Natural History.
28. Od. 13. The Gardener's and Farmer's Reason Why.
28. Od 14 & 15. Wonderful Things of All Nations. Two Series. Each 28. 6d. 16 to 18. Dictionary of Daily Wants. Complete in 1 vol. halfbound, marbled edges.
78. Ed. 19 to 22. Dictionary of Useful Knowledge. Complete in 2
108. 03. vols. half-bound, marbled edges. 23 & 24. Dictionary of Medical and Surgical Knowledge.
ás. Complete in 1 vol. half-bound, marbled edges. 25. The Reason Why: Physical Geography and Geology. Clothextra, 38.6d. 26. The Reason Why: Religious Denominations. Cloth extra, 38. odha LONDON: HOULSTON AND SONS, 65, PATERNOSTER ROW.