« PreviousContinue »
Coast Guard Amendment to Specification MIL-E-5400 ed Arendkante tereto, Enclosure 1
Prototype Model will be ready for best within of notice of award.
calendar days after receipt
Production equipments will be delivered beginntag
calendar days after
(indicate approval of prototype model, at the rate of
equipments per month. (Indicet)
Bid Dete is required by Paragraphs 6.2.12,b, and 6.4.2 of the Purchase Description must be submited with bid. Bids that do not include such data will be considered to be non-responsive.
Sampling, Inspection and Tests will be performed by the coas ciudada: Coritzaccor', plans located at
(Indicate) in accordance with Paragraph 4 of the Purchase Des... 1pcion. Each bidder shall submit with his proposal statements of me.ufactoring experience. (See paragraph 2.1.1 of the Purchase Descrption. )
See paragraph 1.4 of the Purchase Description for 152tion $f equipment afeilable
Telegraphic bids will not be considered or accepted as meeting the requirements of thie Invitation.
Bidder shell furnish Bid Bond, Standard Foro No. 24. Certified Check or Mpaey Order equal to five pescent (5%) of bid, made payable to the UNITED STATES COAST GUARD. Three copies of Bid Bond, Std. Porn No. 24 are enclosed.
Performence Bond in the amount of 25% of the contract award will be required. copy of Performence Bond, Std. Porn No. 25, is eaclqaed.
The results of this Invitation to Bid will not be furnished over the telephone.
NAME OF BIDDER OR CONTRACTOR
Standard Form 86
The contractor agrees, in the procuremeat and use of matar.b18 required for the performance of this contract, to comply with the pupvisions of a: 1 appllable rules and regulations of the Business and Defense Service Administrat: pn, including Defense Materials System Regulations.
Any contract executed as a result of this Invitation to Sid 1 subject to General Provisions, Std. Form 32 (Oct. 1957 Edizion) and Additiona! Genarpl Provisions Form CG-2557A (Rev. 1-58). The aforementioned prorfsions may be obtained upon request from this office. ' Pailure to obtain the provisions referred to lerein will not relief the Contractor of any contractual obligation.
Bids submitted on forms containing pre-printed provisions oproely used in the bidder. commercial business must specifically state that the pre-printed provisions are not applicable. Bids submitted subject to conditions to conflict with condicions of the standard Goverment contract fora whether pre-printed on bidder's forms normally used in commercial business or otherwise included, shall be considered as unresponsive.
The equipment to be furnished hereunder shall be delivered f.0.b. carrier's equipment wharlf or freight station at or near the Contractor's plant at
(Indicate) packed as specified herein, for shipment on Governoent bills of lading, unless otherwise requested by the cognizant Coast Guard Inspector, to destinatiyas to be specified prior to time of delivery. The method of shipment will be sped if led by the cognizant. Coast Guard Inspector wtien the equipments are ready for shipment.
Purchase Description EEE-11-59 is hereby changed as follows: Paragraph 3.1.4 on
Delete "(EEE)" in third line and insert "(FS-!)" in lieu thereoff.
NAME OF BIODER OR CONTRACTOR
Standard Form 36 Nov. 1910 Edition
(NOTE. --The General Provisions, Standard Form 32 (October 1957 edition), and the Additional General Provisions Form GC-2557–À (Rev. 1-58) referred to appear on pp. 14-30, of the appendix.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE INVITATION FOR BIDS
1. PREPARATION OF BIDS.-(a) Bidders are expected to examine the drawings, specifications, Schedule, and all instructions. Failure to do so will be at the bidder's risk.
(6) Each bidder shall furnish the information required by the bid form. The bidder shall print or type his name on the Schedule and each Continuation Sheet thereof on which he makes an entry. Erasures or other changes must be initialed by the person signing the bid. Bids signed by an agent must be accompanied by evidence of his authority.
(c) Unit price for each unit bid on shall be shown and such price shall include packing unless otherwise specified. A total shall be entered in the Amount column of the Schedule for each item bid on. In case of error in extension of price, the unit price will govern.
(d) Alternate bids will not be considered unless authorized by the Invitation.
(e) When not otherwise specified, bidder must definitely state time of proposed delivery.
U Time, if stated as a number of days, will include Sundays and holidays.
2. SUBMISSION OF BIDS.-(a) Bids and modifications thereof shall be enclosed in sealed envelopes addressed to the issuing office, with the name and address of the bidder, the date and hour of opening, and the invitation number on the face of the envelope. Telegraphic bids will not be considered unless authorized by the Invitation; however, bids may be modified by telegraphic notice provided such notice is received prior to the time set for the opening of the bids.
(6) Samples of items, when required, must be submitted within the time specified, and unless otherwise specified by the Government, at no expense to the Government. If not destroyed by testing, samples will be returned_at bidder's request and expense, unless otherwise specified by the Invitation.
(c) In the event no bid is to be submitted, do not return the Invitation unless otherwise specified. However, a letter or post card should be sent to the issuing office advising whether future Invitations for the type of supplies or services covered by this Invitation are desired.
3. WITHDRAWAL OF BIDS.—Bids may be withdrawn by written or telegraphic notice (see 4 below).
4. LATE BIDS.—Bids and modifications or withdrawals thereof received after the time set for opening will not be considered, unless they are received before the award is made, and it is determined by the Government that failure to arrive on time was due solely to delay in the mails for which the bidder was not responsible.
5. GOVERNMENT-FURNISHED PROPERTY.—No material, labor, or facilities will be furnished by the Government unless otherwise provided for in the Invitation.
6. LABOR INFORMATION.-Attention is invited to the possibility that wage determinations may have been made under the WalshHealey Public Contracts Act providing minimum wages for employees engaged in the manufacture for sale to the Government of the supplies covered by this Invitation for Bids. Information in this connection, as well as general information as to the requirements of the Act concerning overtime payment, child labor, safety and health pro
visions, etc., may be obtained from the Wage and Hour and Public Contracts Divisions, Department of Labor, Washington 25, D.C. Requests for information should state the Invitation number, the issuing agency and the supplies covered.
7. ĎISCOUNTS.-(a) Prompt-payment discounts will be included in the evaluation of bids, provided the period of the offered discount is sufficient to permit payment within such period in the regular course of business under the delivery, inspection, and payment provisions of the Invitation and Bid.
(6) In connection with any discount offered, time will be computed from date of delivery of the supplies to carrier when delivery and acceptance are at point of origin, or from date of delivery at destination or port of embarkation when delivery and acceptance are at either of those points, or from date correct invoice or voucher is received in the office specified by the Government if the latter date is later than the date of delivery. Payment is deemed to be made, for the purpose of earning the discount, on the date of mailing of the Government check.
8. AWARD OF CONTRACT.—(a) The contract will be awarded to that responsible bidder whose bid, conforming to the Invitation for Bids, will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered.
(6) The Government reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities and minor irregularities in bids received.
(c) The Government may accept any item or group of items of any bid, unless the bidder qualifies his bid by specific limitations. UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THE SCHEDULE, BIDS MAY BE SUBMITTED FOR ANY QUANTITIES LESS THAN THOSE SPECIFIED; AND THE GOVERNMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE AN AWARD ON ANY ITEM FOR A QUANTITY LESS THAN THE QUANTITY BID UPON AT THE UNIT PRICES OFFERED UNLESS THE BIDDER SPECIFIES OTHERWISE IN HIS BID.
(d) A written award mailed (or otherwise furnished) to the successful bidder within the time for acceptance specified in the bid shall be deemed to result in a binding contract without further action by either party.
9. SELLER'S INVOICES. - Invoices shall be prepared and submitted in quadruplicate unless otherwise specified. Invoices shall contain the following information: Contract and order number (if any), item numbers, description of supplies or services, sizes, quantities, unit prices, and extended totals. Bill of lading number and weight of shipment will be shown for shipments made on Government bills of lading.
10. DEFINITION OF SMALL BUSINESS. - Generally, a small business concern for the purpose of Government procurement is a concern that (1) is not dominant in its field of operation and, with its affiliates, employs fewer than 500 employees, or (2) is certified as a small business concern by Small Business Administration. (See Code of Federal Regulations, Title 13, Part 121, as amended, which contains the detailed definition and related procedures.)