« PreviousContinue »
BUREAU OF ENGRAVING AND PRINTING CONTRACTS
New York, N.Y., September 25, 1958. Mr. A. J. HAMBERG, Superintendent, Operating Facilities Division, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington, D.C.
DEAR MR. HAMBERG: The undersigned, William F. Huck, partner of the Huck Co., 72 West 45th Street, New York, N.Y., being duly sworn, hereby grants the U.S. Government a free, irrevocable license to use, to manufacture for its use, or to have manufactured for its use all devices and appurtenances which he may invent, develop, and/or patent and incorporate in the design and construction subsequent to the contract with the Bureau, U.S. Treasury Department, resulting from Bureau purchase order No. L1842 for the design and construction of a pilot model machine for automatic replacement of defective currency notes delivered to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing on January 30, 1958, and as a direct result of the work under such contract.
It is understood and agreed that Huck Co. retains for its own use and exploitation any patents or inventions for private use which may result from the design and construction of the machine for automatic replacement of defective currency notes specified.
By WILLIAM F. HUCK, Partner. Subscribed and sworn to before me this 25th day of September 1958, at 72 West 45th Street, New York, N.Y. (SEAL]
ANASTASIA P. DUFFY, Notary Public. Commission expires March 30, 1960.
THE MIEHLE Co.,
Chicago, Ill., July 9, 1959. Mr. A. J. HAMBERG, Superintendent, Operating Facilities Division, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington, D.C. DEAR MR. HAMBERG: The undersigned,
of the Miehle Co., division of Miehle-Goss-Dexter, Inc., Chicago, Ill., being duly sworn, hereby grants the U.S. Government a free, irrevocable license to use, to manufacture for its own use, or to have manufactured
for its use, all such devices and appurtenances which he may invent, develop, and/or patent subsequent to contract No. TEP-83.11P with the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, U.S. Treasury Department, Bureau purchase order No. P-923, dated October 3, 1958, covering one sheet-fed rotary, multicolor, intaglio printing press, and as a direct result of the work on such contract.
The undersigned further grants the U.S. Government a free and irrevocable license to use any patented processes owned or controlled by the undersigned which may be necessary for the successful operation of the aforementioned press.
It is understood and agreed that the Miehle Co. retains for its own use and exploitation, any such patents or inventions for private use which may result from the design and construction of the above-specified equipment.
Vice President. Two witnesses:
Lausanne, July 1, 1959. Mr. A. J. HAMBERG, Superintendent, Operating Facilities Division, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Washington, D.C.
DEAR MR. HAMBERG: The undersigned, Gualtiero Giori, proprietor of the Organisation Giori, Lausanne, Switzerland, hereby grants the U.S. Government a free, irrevocable license to use, to manufacture for its own use, or to have manufactured for its use, all such devices and appurtenances which may be invented, developed, and/or patented
, and incorporated, subsequent to contract TEP-83.11P with the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, U.S. Treasury Department, Bureau purchase order No. P-923, dated October 3, 1958, covering one sheetfed rotary, multicolor, intaglio printing press, and as a direct result of the work on such contract.
The undersigned further grants the U.S. Government a free and irrevocable license to use any patented processes which
may essary for the successful operation of the aforementioned press.
It is understood and agreed that Gualtiero Giori, proprietor of the Organisation Giori, retains for his own use and exploitation, any such patents or inventions for private use which may result from the design and construction of the above-specified equipment.
COAST GUARD CONTRACTS
No. 1. Research and Development-Without Retention of Rights to the
Request for Quotation DATE ISSUED 25 September, 1958.
INVITATION NO. CG-43, 6347A in quadruplicate , subject to (1) the Terms and Conditions of the
Ramest for protetton
(2) the nooo panying Schedule, (3) General Provisions (Standard Form 328ee_* helos edition), which are incorporated horen by reference, and (4) such other contract provisions and specifications as are attached or incorporated by referenca la the Schedule, will be received at the above office until 4:00_ o'clock po m., EDT
Time, 13 October, 1958 (date)
for furnishing the supplies or services described in the accompanying Schedule, for delivery f. o. kusontractors point of origin
internetisat General information and instructions to are contained in the terms and conditions
(No. ol unito)
system underwater comunication and remote
SUPPLIES OR SERVICES
DATE OF Ruotation In compliance with the above, the undersigned offers and agrees, if this Bid be accepted within calendar days (60 calendar days unless a different period be inserted by the bidder) from the date of opening, to furnish any or all of the items upon which prices are quoted, at the price set opposite each item, delivered at the designated point () within the time specified in the Schedule. Discounts will be allowed for prompt payment as follows: percent, 10 calendar days;
percent, 20 calendar days; BIDDER REPRESENTS: (Check appropriate boxes)
- percent, 80 calendar days. (1) That he is, is not, a small business concern. (See definition on reverse hereof.) If bidder is a mall business
concern and is not the manufacturer of the supplies bid upon, he also represents that all supplies to be toraidh hereunder will, Q will not, be manufactured or produced by a small business concern in the United States, ita Ter
ritories, its possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. (2) That he is a regular dealer in, manufacturer of, the supplies bid upon. (3) (a) That he has, has not, employed or retained any company or person (other than a full-time bona Ado
employee working solely for the bidder) to solicit or secure this contract, and (b) that he has, hau noli, pold or agreed to pay any company or person (other than a full-time bona fide employee working solely Tor the wiador) any fee, commission, percentage or brokerage fee, contingent upon or resulting from the award of this contract';
) above Contracting . (For interpretation of the reprosentation, including the term "bona fido eni ployee," sue Code of Federal Regulations, the id. Put in.) (4) He operates as an individual, a partnership, corporation, incorporated in the State of NAME AND ADDRESS OF BIDDER (Stroot, oity, sono, and Stato. Type or print)
SIGNATURE OF PERSON AUTHORIZED TO SIGN DID
Award will be made on this form, or on Standard Form 26, or by other o Moial writton notio..
TERMS AND CONDITIONS UP THE REQUEST FOR VOTATION
1. PHET ARATION OP UOTATIONS -- (a), woters are expected to examine the drawings, specifioations, Sohedule, and all instruotions, Pallur. to do so will be at the quoter's risk.
(b) ash quotor anall furnish the information required by the Request for Quotation form. The quoter shall priat or type his name on the Schedule and eack Continuation Shoot thereof on which he makes an entry. Eresurr* gother changes must be initialed by the person signing the quotation. Quotations signed by an agent must be acompanied by ovi dono. of his authority,
(o) Unit prio. for sach unit quoted on shall be shown and such price shall include packing unless otherwise specified. A total shall be entered in the amount column of the Schedule for each item quoted on. Touo of irror in extension of prioo, the unit price will governo
(a) When not otherwise specified, quotør mist definitely stato time of proposed delivery.
(•) Time, 18 statod as a number of days, will include Sundays and holidays. 2. SUBMISSION UP QUOTATIONS (a) Cuotations and modifications there of shall be onolosed in soalod envelopes addresse to the issuing office, with the name and address of the quotor, the date speoilled for being received, and the loquent for Luotation number on the face of the erro loco.
(b) Samples of Itons, when required, must be submitted, and unless otherwise specified by the Government, at no •xponse to the Government. If not destroyed by testing, samples will be returned at quotor', request and expónso, unless otherwise specified by the Roquest for wotation,
(o) In the ovint no quotation 13 to be submitted, do not return the Roquest for Wotation unless otherwis spoolrindo However, a letto or post card should be sont to the issuing ofrio. advising whether future Requests for Quotations and Invitations for the type of supplies or 608-rides covered by this Request for cotation, are desired.
3. Labuk IN PUKKATICA Attention is lavited to the possibility that wage datorminations may have ben made under the Nusa-Housy rublio Contrasts Aot providing minimum wages for employees ongaged in the manut as tus for sale to the Government of the supplies covered by this Raquest for Quotation. Information in this connootion, us voll us gonored information us to the requirements of the hot concerning overtime payment, child labor, safety and health provisions, oto., may be obtained from the Wage and Hour and Public Contrasts Division, Dopartment of Labor, Washington 25, D. 0. Requests for information should state the Request for Quotation number, the issuing agency and the supplies sovorod. 4. DISCOUNTS (a) Quotations will be evaluated only on the basis of payment within twenty (20) days. No discount offorud for payment within less than twenty (20) days will be considered in evaluating quotations for ward, Datations offering discounts for payment vithin periods 1o exooss of twonty (20) days will be evaluated for purposes of ward as though they are di soounts offered for payment within twenty (20) days.
(b) In connotini rith any discount offered, time will be computed from date of delivery of the supplies to carrier when delivery and accoptance are at point of origin, or from date of delivery at destination or port of embarkation when delivery and acceptance are at either of those points, or from date corroot invoice or voucher 15 roovivod in the office specified by the Governmont if the lattor dato is later than the data of delivery. Payment in doomed to be mado, for the purpose of barning the discount, on the date of malling of the Government oheak,
(o) The offend discount of a su Sass!ul rendor will form a part of the Award, who thor or not such disoount me included in the evaluation of his id, and sush discount will be taken if payment is made within the discount periodo
5. AWARD UP GUNTRACT (a) the contruct will be uwarded to that responsible quoter whose quotation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. (1r low quotation ar submitted is considered. reasonable, avard may be made without further negotiations)
(b) the Government resortus the rigos to roject any or all quotations reoolved.
(0) The Government may accept arv 15e **** up of itemsof any quotation, unless the quotor qualified his quotation by specifio limitations. UNLESS OTHER, ISE PROVIDED IN THE SCHEDULE, QUOTATIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED POR ANY LUANTITLES LESS THAN THOSE SPECIPIED: OND Tik UUVELLUT RESEHVES TIE RIGHT TO MAKE AN AWARD ON ANY ITEM FOR A QUANTITY LESS THAN THE QUANTITY LUOTER UPON AT 'Make UNIT CES OFFERED UNLESS THE LUOTLR SPECIPIES OTHERWISE IN HIS QUOTATION.
(a) A writton avard malled, telegrapher, or otherwise furnished) to the successful quoter within the time for. acooptano. spooified in the quote1r results 19 a binding contraot without further aotion by either party. to SELLER'S INVOICES -- Innlogs All be propered and submitted in quadruplioato unless otherwise specified. Invoices shall contain the following intor cong Contreot and order number (as any), iton numbers, desoription of supplies or services, sizes, quantities, unit prines, an extended totalo. Bill of lading number and weight. of shipmont, vul be shown for shipments made on Government bills of lading.