Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover Melbourne's laneways and arcades, soak up spectacular scenery along the Great Ocean Road, or enjoy food, wine and the great outdoors in one of Victoria's goldfield-era country towns; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Melbourne & Victoria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Melbourne & Victoria Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, television, music, theatre, dance, architecture, sport, fashion, cuisine, coffee culture, wine, politics, landscapes, wildlife.
- Over 9 colour maps
- Covers Melbourne, the Grampians, Spa Country, Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula, Phillip Island, Mornington Peninsula, Wilsons Promontory, Gippsland, the High Country, the Murray and more.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria, our most comprehensive guide to Melbourne and Victoria, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australia guide and East Coast Australia guide for a comprehensive look at all the country and region have to offer, or Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide focused on the country's most popular sights.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Ham, Trent Holden and Kate Morgan.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.